StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · does anyone have a filter that works 95% of the time if finding new trades<< >>Post Follow-up
cabogordon
88 posts
msg #74150
Ignore cabogordon
5/6/2009 5:16:53 PM

thanks

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #74182
Ignore 13th_floor
5/6/2009 11:32:00 PM

OH YEAH!!!

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #74184
Ignore tomm1111
modified
5/7/2009 12:56:46 AM

cabogordon,

I hate to break this to you, but there are no shortcuts. My suggestion for you is to not trade (real money) for at least 6 months and read every post on this forum. (no joke) Paper trade as you go.

A filter that puts you on the right side of the trade 60 - 65% of the time is a good filter. Filters will also behave differently depending on the broad market trend. At 65% winning filter could turn into a 40% winning filter during different time periods. When you enter a trade, it is more important to cut your loses early and let your winners run.

A 95% accurate filter would be referred to as the holy grail for stock trading. It doesn't exist. Filters/scans can be used to narrow down the selection and to increase the probability of getting on the right side of the trade.

milansanremo
12 posts
msg #74260
Ignore milansanremo
5/8/2009 9:39:29 PM

sorry to be the party pooper....but they do exist....I have have filters that have ROI's of greater than 133% since the invention of leveraged ETF's

eddyadiel
18 posts
msg #74268
Ignore eddyadiel
5/9/2009 1:12:27 PM

@Milansanremo

Can U share your filters here....??? I really appreciated if you can do so...

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #74269
Ignore johnpaulca
5/9/2009 1:19:27 PM

There's lots of filters on the site even higher ROI's, but how you trade them is the important thang.

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #74273
Ignore tomm1111
5/9/2009 3:02:24 PM

I was referring to winning % rather than ROI in my previous post. The point I was trying to make was that it wouldn't hurt to practice for awhile before putting hard earned cash on the line especially if you are starting out. There are many good filters on this site. Find one that works for you in this market. JP summed it up nice...how you trade it is the important thing.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · does anyone have a filter that works 95% of the time if finding new trades<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.