StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Any Tom DeMark Indicator devotees want to trade filters?<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
eikstadt
5 posts
msg #87012
Ignore eikstadt
1/25/2010 10:26:27 PM

I just wrote a TD Sell Setup Script. Real easy stuff. I think this shizzle exists already if you use TOS/Bloomberg, but it's fun to write too. I refer specifically to the DeMark Indicators book, by Jason PERL if you're wondering where I get my specs. Here goes:

/*td sell setup*/
Show stocks where price is above 5
/* 9 closes above respective close 4 days ago */
show stocks where count(close is above close four days ago, 9) equals 9
/* Y' in fig 1.2 pg 5Demark Indicators
- "flip up day" as I call it
technically, if today is day 9 of the sell setup,
8 days ago is day 1 in the figure*/

and where close 8 days ago above close 12 days ago

/* X' "flip down day" */

and close 9 days ago below close 13 days ago

and stock is optionable

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #87023
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/26/2010 8:17:31 AM

Fetcher[

draw demarker(14)
stock is optionable
demarker(14) crossed above 0.30 one day ago
]

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #87081
Ignore acfncp3
1/26/2010 6:51:54 PM

I've never used deMark... what are the rules to use it. Is this filter looking for bullish or bearish stocks.

Thanks,

Bill

eikstadt
5 posts
msg #87188
Ignore eikstadt
1/27/2010 4:32:42 PM

Demark Indicators have both bull/bear setups. The book by Jason Perl is the definitive primer.

Cheers,
Richard

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #87194
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/27/2010 5:38:14 PM

I'm guessing that not that many SF folks were aware of this indicator being part of SF - it is listed in the forum section, but not in the user manual.

I haven't really looked all that closely at it.

EdmondDantes
20 posts
msg #87258
Ignore EdmondDantes
modified
1/28/2010 10:10:34 AM

The only indicator at the bottom of my charts is the Demark indicator. I really did not get it until I read Toms book its very simple the institutional buyers make the market go up and down . These big buyers do not invest in trend following like I use to assume they wait until all the sellers / shorts have dried up and than they start to consume a stock . Big buyers always buy at the bottom when selling has dried up never in trends .
The best example of the Demark indicator is to take all of your stock market mistakes of the past and to see where the demark indicator was during a loss . It gives you a huge neon sign that reads when the sellers are in control with the demark indicator moving down and the price always follows and when the buyers have moved in the indicator will turn up.
Its hard to loose money using the demark it can be rather boring at times . The other indicator i have found beneficial using the demark is the donchian channel (14/4 ) to watch a bounce off the bottom of the Donchian channel using the Demark.
What I have found is the large buyers the institutional buyers buy crazy stocks that are low in price and very low in volume .
Low volume or volume that moves at turtle pace goes under the radar of the shorts and produces huge profits that double many time over when the demark turns up .

miketranz
956 posts
msg #87262
Ignore miketranz
1/28/2010 10:38:18 AM

Interesting,but whats the difference between the Demark indicator and the Williams indicator?

EdmondDantes
20 posts
msg #87280
Ignore EdmondDantes
modified
1/28/2010 11:37:57 AM

Williams indicator is good I have only used it a few times its good for 1,5,10,15, min trades or holding up to a day I watched all his videos seems like a nice man although not profitable for me. I enjoy more watching my stocks double over a week or a month . Volume is precursor for disaster and trades becomes a suckers game on higher volume we want almost no volume . Over a year ago in my mail box Vecor Vest sent me this brochure of there service bragging about 300% gains on stocks and crap and more crap . I looked into every singe indicator on stock fetcher that would of placed me at the start of those trades and there is was only 1 indicator the Demark . If the Demark is turning up in a stock usually in a 2 or 3 dollar stock a stock I have never heard of because I am not in the inside loop of secret information and there is almost no ascending volume its usually the mark of an elephant footprint meaning institutional buyers buying at a set price on a limit . Its a thing of beauty and happens everyday to stocks that almost any of us have never heard of. When you chase a stock on high volume you are only chasing day traders not the big money I have found its easy to make money and loose money in volume spreads like a bad rash.
The really wonderful sexy thing of using the Demark is lets say you enter a trade when the Demark has fallen for the past week and is now flat slightly moving up and you buy so many shares . Your money will stay there because there are no more sell offs in this particular stock its flat to selling and buying . When the stock moves up lets say you gain 30% and you wish to take your profit out of this particular stock your profits are locked in not ever subjected to shorts hacking your profits because when you Invest with the big buyers they create new support for these stocks through billion's of dollars and its a lot let stressful my advice is don't ever sell let you stops take you out . What I am learning is the big buyers talk among each other maybe at lunch and other big buyers elephant's follow the heard and make a stampede pushing the stock way the hell up . It only becomes risky when you see volume grow and smaller hedge funds gamble on shorting the growth . This is not my hobbie this is how I live .

miketranz
956 posts
msg #87330
Ignore miketranz
1/28/2010 2:55:09 PM

Let me get this straight.You're buying when you see volume dry up? Are you buying when the indicator dictates and just sitting there assuming the stock won't sell off again,or are you waiting for some form of upward confirmation in price too enter a trade?Have you back tested this method? How many trades are profitable in percent?

cjg123
7 posts
msg #87340
Ignore cjg123
1/28/2010 4:16:35 PM

EdmondDantes, Which one of Tom's books did you read?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Any Tom DeMark Indicator devotees want to trade filters?<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.