StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Basic Filter for newbies and old pros...<< 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up
oldfox
16 posts
msg #62764
Ignore oldfox
5/18/2008 12:43:40 PM

Good day. Forgive my ignorance, but I have just joined.

What does "pop" mean, and where do you suggest, TRO, one begins to get up to speed with your many filters and trading strategies?

Thanking you in advance and grateful for your many contributions, I am ...

Terry Seale

sfiagpti
4 posts
msg #62767
Ignore sfiagpti
5/18/2008 4:06:46 PM

I can't find any documentation that explains the days() filter as used like this

set{E36b,days(ema(3) is above ema(6),100)}

What does the 100 do? Is it the interval over time that StockFetcher is to query across?

Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62770
Ignore nikoschopen
5/18/2008 5:41:57 PM

Days Since (DAYS)

Parameters Indicator
Period
UsageDays(indicator,period)
DescriptionThis indicator allows you to filter based on the number of days since a particular event occurred. The "days" feature allows you to specify the event and a period of time; it returns the number of days since the event most recently occurred.For example, suppose you want to find stocks where the most recent Bollinger breach was 10 days ago:

Fetcher[show stocks where days(high above upper Bollinger(20),15) equals 10]

If you take out the Set{blah blah}, ure left with just the days(), which basically means "when was EMA(3) above EMA(6) within the last 100 days". In addition, for an indepth information on Set{blah blah}, check out StockFetcher User-Defined Variables.

elis58
11 posts
msg #62851
Ignore elis58
5/21/2008 3:29:08 AM

hello

i am new here and thanks for your helpping .

about this filter is it EOD filter ? where is the exact entering point ?
i notice most results are penny stocks, is it more sutibble for it ?

thanks for help

eli

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #62875
Ignore TheRumpledOne
5/21/2008 1:23:48 PM

Yes, EOD.

If is NOT really a filter per se, just a DASHBOARD display of most of the commonly used indicators.

Change the SELECTION CRITERIA to fit your price/volume needs.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #64146
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/21/2008 12:41:48 PM

POP!

AntonellaB
3 posts
msg #64908
Ignore AntonellaB
7/12/2008 1:01:49 PM

TRO, newbie here, I understand the concept about the bells, whistles on the DASHBOARD. Take your basic chart that you posted, for both old and new users. When you fetch the stock it comes back with many symbols, meeting the criteria. Where does one take it from there? Do you pick any symbol and trade it? I need help here.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #64909
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/12/2008 1:38:20 PM

TRO, newbie here, I understand the concept about the bells, whistles on the DASHBOARD. Take your basic chart that you posted, for both old and new users. When you fetch the stock it comes back with many symbols, meeting the criteria. Where does one take it from there? Do you pick any symbol and trade it? I need help here.

Let me interject here...as the late great Lucille Ball would say....." DON'T YOU DARE! " You better stick around here a lot longer before you start hitting any "execute trade" buttons my friend. I don't mean you any harm here, but "newbies" are no match for floor trading market makers. There isn't a filter here that can keep from being eaten alive on any given session...and I know "TRO" will agree with me 100%. Sounds like you need to get your rear-end to some trading seminars before you lose your shirt.

Good luck,

- RIGGS -

AntonellaB
3 posts
msg #64911
Ignore AntonellaB
7/12/2008 1:53:02 PM

Thank you WSG, Ive seen you posted with JP, traded, etc...and you guys know what your doing. This is why I will ask a million questions and if Ihave to get into a trading seminar, I will. I will continue to keep reading, understand and learn.

Thanks again

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #64920
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/12/2008 5:31:31 PM

I disagree with WSG(RIGGS) 100%!! And Riggs knew I would say that...LOL!

Most people don't understand what trading is.

Most people think finding a hot stock and making a killing is trading.

All they know is buy low and sell high.

Some people are fundamental traders and pour over financial statements and managements reports for hours.

Others are technical traders and pour over charts for hours.

Others are a combination of both.

I blazed my own trail. I am a STATISTICAL TRADER. I use filters to uncover the price behaviour of stocks. I run stats on the stocks performance. It's like handicapping horses.

My FADE THE GAP and RUN FOREST, RUN filters indentify stocks that pay off daily. Once you find ONE stock that you can trade profitably every day, you have it made.

If you make 1% per day on your portfolio, it will more than triple in a year and that's WITHOUT compounding.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Basic Filter for newbies and old pros...<< 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.