StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ETF SEARCH FILTER OVER 200 MA<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #79529
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
9/17/2009 7:25:07 PM

Thanks all for the help and ideas. Kev are u out of ETFC? Durgin --- Would'nt this filter out overbought ETF'S with the RSI so high?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think he's filtering for shorts ... however, you will see that when one of these is above 99, the inverse is below 1.

Where you need to be careful in using the inverse or leveraged ETFs (which are the ones that are below 1 at the moment) is that there is a well-documented decay in their price due to daily resets. They are fine for short timeframes (like a few days to weeks) but don't hold them for much longer.

Still in ETFC - I'm an optimist!

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #79530
Ignore trendscanner
9/17/2009 7:48:10 PM

Kevin_in_GA
- Ignore Kevin_in_GA 9/17/2009 11:36:22 AM

xxcheck:

I would look at modifying your exit criteria. To sell when the close crosses above 70 on the RSI(2) is too soon. I would think that you could do better if you reversed this - "close when the RSI(2) crosses below 70 from above". Then it can run for a while on strength.

===================================================================================================

Kevin, that is a really smart exit strategy. I'm keeping that one!

durgin
60 posts
msg #79536
Ignore durgin
9/17/2009 8:21:23 PM

Yes, it would focus on "overbought" ETFs. That is not a bad thing even though the term implies that it is. Stocks can remain overbought for months and I remember seeing an article from "Stocks & Commodities" magazine that found overbought stocks generally perform better than oversold stocks. Also, there is a lot of research supporting the idea that stocks with high comparative relative strength outperform the market.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · ETF SEARCH FILTER OVER 200 MA<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.