StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help Building A Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
stratiG
147 posts
msg #104483
Ignore stratiG
1/18/2012 12:20:25 PM

If Someone has time, here is my Filter request. It's based Explosive Move Predictor by Laurence A. Connors & Linda Bradford Raschke.

1. Identify a trading day with the narrowest daily range of the last 4 days (NR4).
2. Then identify an inside day which has a higher low than the previous day's low and a lower high than the previous day's high.
3. Both conditions have to be met for it to be an EMP day

Thanks,

duke56468
683 posts
msg #104518
Ignore duke56468
1/19/2012 10:29:05 AM

Not very skilled at codes but this may get you started

Fetcher[
atr(5) less than atr(5) 4 days ago
high below high1 day ago
low above low 1 day ago
close above 5
average volume above 500000
add column atr(5)
sort column 5 ascending
]

wkloss
231 posts
msg #104520
Ignore wkloss
1/19/2012 11:09:35 AM

There are threads that address this topic. I searched "narrow range inside day" in the Forum. You can also search "range expansion/range contraction".

stratiG
147 posts
msg #104551
Ignore stratiG
modified
1/20/2012 11:21:57 AM

Thanks, I did do a search yesterday and found what I was looking for. It's amazing what you can find by doing a search. And thanks for taking the time out duke56468 to write the code I appreciate it. If anyone is interested, here is the code by alf44. It displays inside days that are either NR4's or NR7's or both.

/* Inside Days that are also EITHER NR4s OR NR7s */

/* Inside Days (H/L Range inside H/L Range 1 day ago) */
set{IDhi, count(High below High 1 day ago, 1)}
set{IDlo, count(Low above Low 1 day ago, 1)}
set{ID, IDhi * IDlo}

/* --------------------------------------------- */

/* Inside Day NR4s (Inside Day with Narrowist Range of the last 4 days) */
set{NR4, count(Day Point Range reached a new 4 day Low, 1)}
set{IdNr4s, ID * NR4}

/* Inside Day NR7s (Inside Day with Narrowist Range of the last 7 days) */
set{NR7, count(Day Point Range reached a new 7 day Low, 1)}
set{IdNr7s, ID * NR7}

/* ------------------------------------------- */

/* Pattern Fetcher */
set{A1, IdNr4s + IdNr7s}

Show stocks where A1 is greater than 0

Market is NASDAQ 100

add column ID
add column NR4
add column NR7

draw EMA(10)
draw EMA(30)
draw EMA(150)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help Building A Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.