StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with MACD Histogram filter please?<< >>Post Follow-up
spoll
8 posts
msg #32995
Ignore spoll
8/26/2004 6:36:16 AM

I'm trying to create a filter, long or short side, of the MACD histogram (12,26,9) that would screen for a drop above or below 0 after 1 day for stocks in the 6-20 price range. So far I'm unable to do this, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks-
Scott

spoll
8 posts
msg #32996
Ignore spoll
8/26/2004 6:39:23 AM

Forgot to mention on the weekly MACD histogram, thanks.

spoll
8 posts
msg #32997
Ignore spoll
8/26/2004 6:40:41 AM

Sorry, one more addition, that the ADX D+ is crossing up over the D- or vice versa.

zoran
1 posts
msg #33013
Ignore zoran
8/27/2004 12:11:59 AM

Scott,

You little Barron's MONSTER and my old TWPD friend, I knew I will find you here. Why don't you try the following one:

Show stocks with weekly MACD histogram approaching 0 within the last 1 day and price above 1 and average daily volume above 50000 and +DI(14) crossed above -DI(14) within the last 1 day and MA (9) is above MA (33)

Alternative for more precise search would be: Show stocks with weekly MACD histogram between 0 and 0.05 (-0.05...

Have a good night (same place same time tomorrow morning)

Katerina

spoll
8 posts
msg #33030
Ignore spoll
8/27/2004 11:53:38 PM

Hey Katerina! Just checked in tonight, what a surprise, that filter looks great I'll let you know if I find anything, thanks !

See you Monday!
Scott

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Help with MACD Histogram filter please?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.