StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for a good momentum screen ...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
aallee2
18 posts
msg #28857
Ignore aallee2
9/24/2003 11:58:32 PM

txtrapper

Thanks for the adjustment and recommendation.

Personnally, I prefer this filter with MA(77) for more safety.
I looked the historical analysis for TMAR with both filters.
With MA(77) the first pick was followed by a beautiful appreciation.
With MA(30) the first pick was followed by a depreciation.

I am a newbie in technical analysis and I appreciate a lot the exchange of ideas on this site.

Feel free to write any filter improvement or suggestions.

I have a lot to learn!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28858
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/25/2003 1:12:26 AM

RBT:

Glad you are having success.

Here's a link to an article that could bring you riches:

http://www.optionetics.com/articles/article_full.asp?idNo=8558

MAY ALL YOUR FILL BE COMPLETE.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #28862
Ignore EWZuber
9/25/2003 4:30:20 AM

xplorer
Testing momentum filters tonight over trhe past 2 ~ 4 days. This one really shines. Simple yet effective.

Show stocks where high reached a new 124 day high and where volume gained more than 400 percent over Average VolumeAverage Volume(90) is above 100000 and close is between 1 and 15.

More possibilities can be found using different time criteria.

xplorer
257 posts
msg #28863
Ignore xplorer
9/25/2003 7:13:16 AM

EWZuber ... thanks !

I ran your filter ....

Fetcher[Show stocks where high reached a new 124 day high and where volume gained more than 400 percent over Average VolumeAverage Volume(90) is above 100000 and close is between 1 and 15]

..and did a little back testing with good results ! ...now if the market momentum would swing the other way.... Bah-dah-bing !

Fare Well !

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28894
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/25/2003 10:27:54 PM

I smell a Darvas Box type filter here...

makeroftrades
29 posts
msg #28918
Ignore makeroftrades
9/27/2003 12:15:18 PM

srrious , theres some really good filters being shared here , my issue is for the dumb and blind ...like me , of sorts , this last filter woul dbe called for swing trading or day trading , which filter in your opionion is good to enter and in a few days hopefully have a irse , and whihc one is based on day trades m and breakouts , theres som many now , maybe this coul dscale down and have a starting point for newbies like me and others ,...thanks all great board

aallee2
18 posts
msg #29489
Ignore aallee2
10/25/2003 10:42:29 PM

Here is a new filter for swing trade.

Fetcher[average volume (77) has been increasing over the last 7 days and 7 week slope of the low is above 0 and 7 days slope of the low is above 0 and 7 month slope of the low is above 0 and high is below 7 and volume is above 77777 and 7-week low has been increasing over the last 7 days AND AVERAGE VOLUME(7) HAS BEEN INCREASING OVER THE LAST 7 DAYS and draw high 7-day low and low reached a new 7-month low within the last 7 months]

The entry point is a couple of days later when the RSI(2) is under 22 AND the price is under the high 7-day low.

At this time, get in the train and enjoy the ride to the new 7 week high!

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29491
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/26/2003 9:54:52 AM

I don't understand these filters. On a 5 day offset they all get about as many red as black. I don't know whether to go long or short on these picks.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29494
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/26/2003 3:17:19 PM

JOE G: lol...

Market red, go to bed... do not trade, do not collect profits...lol

Thought you didn't like/trust backtesting. Besides, what does it matter, you only paper trade. Careful, Joe, you don't know what might blow up your skirt...LOL!

Seriously, traders...

would be interesting to compare the filter to the new Show Darvas Box indicator.

The real traders know when to enter a stock vs. when not to. We don't expect a filter to produce winners 100% of the time.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

aallee2
18 posts
msg #29503
Ignore aallee2
10/27/2003 11:14:14 AM

Wow!
It is amazing!
I made my first transaction with this new filter above.
I bought RDVW at 0.83 friday (when RSI(2) was at 2) and sold them today at 1.04
What a nice 25% gain!!!

OK Maybe it is my beginner's luck!

Wish I'll stay a beginner all my life!

Thanks Avery for the rsi(2) tool.

I kept 10% in this stock because I think it will double within a couple of months and I begin to build a portfolio of great long term potential stocks with daytrading profit.

P.S. Joe, your post suggest me a good idea. Yes I want some red in the 5 day offset for my entry point. I don't buy at the top. But why wait after red to buy the stock when it is a good time to go short for a day or 2? I have to study this opportunity but I don't know how to manage short signal yet.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Looking for a good momentum screen ...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.