StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need Formula Assistance for a Recent Moneymaker<< >>Post Follow-up
Spodey
6 posts
msg #33490
Ignore Spodey
10/4/2004 5:56:13 PM

I saw a discussion on a simple trading system in a trading magazine recently. I used it and made a nice little 2 day trade profit in SIRI. (Bought at 2.98, sold at 3.29)

Here's the formula: If the stock was down 2% (close to close) 2 days ago, but it went up 4% (close to close) one day ago, buy and hold for 2 days, close at your discretion.

I found and "eyeballed" SIRI using Stockcharts.com, and used a calculator to figure the percentages and I had some beginner's luck. I hope to throw in some RSI filters to assist lowering the entry risk one of these days.

I'd like to use Stockfetcher to program the formula to produce a number of stocks to watch but I just don't know how to do so in limited time.

I'd appreciate some assistance and I won't be a bother again until I find something similar and run to one of this board's experts with the basics.

Thanks!
Spodey

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #33492
Ignore txtrapper
10/4/2004 6:22:05 PM

Fetcher[show stock Close Open to Close Change Percent down 2% within the last 2 days and Close Change Percent up 4% within the last 1 day and average volume (20) above 100,000 and price between 1 and 15]

enjoy,

TxTrapper
-------------------

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #33494
Ignore kgriffen
10/4/2004 7:47:34 PM

Try this:

Fetcher[/* Parameters */
day change yesterday is less than -1.99%
day change is greater than 3.99%

/* Column Options */
add column day change yesterday
add column day change

/* Price or Volume Limits as you see fit */
price is greater than 9.99
volume is greater than 100000
]

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #33497
Ignore txtrapper
10/4/2004 10:23:02 PM

kgriffen

I changed the price of your filter to between 1 and 10 then ran your filter. The first hit was UGHO it went down Friday but up 36.36% today, I think he is looking for 4% increase 1 day ago.

Quote....stock was down 2% (close to close) 2 days ago, but it went up 4% (close to close) one day ago

TxTrapper

Spodey
6 posts
msg #33517
Ignore Spodey
10/6/2004 11:43:38 AM

Thanks to both of you for your time and effort on my behalf! You initial guidance will greatly assist me in writing additional filters which I will share after proper DD and testing, of course.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need Formula Assistance for a Recent Moneymaker<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.