StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with 45 day channel<< >>Post Follow-up
agavaqif
8 posts
msg #117668
Ignore agavaqif
1/9/2014 6:30:25 PM

I am tring to scan stocks which crossed above the bottom of 45 day channel. It should be:
close crossed above the bottom of 45 day channel
But it does not find. What is my mistake here?
Also can somebody explain what does 45 day channel mean? How do they calculate it?

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #117674
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/9/2014 9:59:33 PM

Most channels are defined by the lowest close (or low) during that period. By default no stock can "cross above" the lower channel because no price action occurs below it.

You might consider using linear regression channels.

agavaqif
8 posts
msg #117678
Ignore agavaqif
1/10/2014 1:23:47 AM

When I look to the 45 day channel, It seems those channels are not related to lows or highs. Maybe bottom of 45 day channel is mean value of lows for 45 days, and top is mean value of highs for 45 days or something like that.
It would be nice if stockfethcer team explains it

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #117679
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/10/2014 3:19:30 AM

Actually you are right - there are a lot of examples where price action occurs outside of how SF draws the channels. And there is no description of how the channels are determined.

Try this:

Fetcher[
close below the bottom of an increasing 60 day channel
]

While not all of the stocks it returns actually meet the filter criterion, some do. Keep them on a watch list and when they cross you will see it.

agavaqif
8 posts
msg #117682
Ignore agavaqif
1/10/2014 9:13:56 AM

I tried something like this:
RSI(2) below 30
close below the bottom of an increasing 45 day channel
price above 1
average volume (30) above 50000

and backtested it : take profit :10
Stop loss :10

There were 178 total stocks entered. Of those, 164 or 92.13% were complete and 14 or 7.87% were open.
Of the 164 completed trades, 88 trades or 53.66%resulted in a net gain.
Your average net change for completed trades was: 1.03%.
The average draw down of your approach was: -7.35%.
The average max profit of your approach was: 8.89%
The Reward/Risk ratio for this approach is: 1.23
Annualized Return on Investment (ROI): 28.10%, the ROI of ^SPX was: 35.52%.

I think this can be improved.

four
5,087 posts
msg #117683
Ignore four
modified
1/10/2014 12:20:33 PM

try info on this page:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/help/Channel-Consolidation-Examples/100320

---- ----

Stockfetcher, Please correct the links on the above page (wrong location). Links are listed below. Thanks.

StockFetcher offers a number of pre-built channel screens. These include:

Donchian Channels
Keltner Channels
Linear Regression Channels
Trading in a "Channel"

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Need help with 45 day channel<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.