Ignore chetron
6/4/2008 7:32:49 PM

sorry guys, that's beyond me. i just do nikos and tro's light work. lol

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #63358
Ignore johnpaulca
6/4/2008 11:14:21 PM

Riggs: What std. dev. on the LR did you have in mind? and what other indicators would you use?? I could try coding using with NeoTicker .

-Need some help Niko or Avery or the other computer gurus on SF.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63360
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/4/2008 11:33:54 PM

Riggs: What std. dev. on the LR did you have in mind? and what other indicators would you use?? I could try coding using with NeoTicker .

-Need some help Niko or Avery or the other computer gurus on SF.

John, I played around with your parameters, but realized it was better suited for OBV being wrapped around a LR channel. I use prophet.net for one of my platforms, and when OBV touches a bottom 60-day channel, while it's in a good uptrend. Many times, while this happens, you will see RSI(2) showing divergence.

Take a good look at (BHP) yesterday 5/4/08. OBV is touching the lower channel line on LRC(60). It also is showing that divergence I talked about with RSI(2). But price is also touching the lower channel line with LRC(60). When you see all three line up like this, take a look above with DMA draveling horizonally across the chart. Man...there ain't nothing more beautiful than that! There are many great bottom filters here at SF, but none better than this set up.

Great job John,

RIGGS

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63361
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
6/4/2008 11:44:10 PM

Here's another one yesterday...

EWU. Eventhough OBV isn't touching the lower channel line...LOOK AT THE DIVERGENCE ON OBV AND RSI(2)!!! Take a look at the DMA up above also...nasty stuff...

PS- Looks like the USD is due to fall again after looking at the FXE's OBV channel, and RSI(2). See DMA'S last 14 days pointing up with price wayyy down there? Time to start looking at those Gold and Steel stocks again this week!

RIGGS

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #63381
Ignore johnpaulca
6/5/2008 9:39:43 AM

Riggs: indeed, this is a thing of beauty, great observation....peace.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #63387
Ignore maxreturn
modified
6/5/2008 11:46:20 AM

Riggs, I would suggest you email tomb at stockfetcher support for help with the coding. They have helped me a number of times when I've been stumped and no one else is able to help. One thing I ask in return, share the code with the rest of us.

Regards
Max

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63388
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/5/2008 11:59:47 AM

Max -

Thanx for the sound advice, but I really don't need to code this. See, All you have to do is look for stocks that are "near" the LRC(60), and then whatever trading platform you use, wrap a 60-day channel around OBV, and wait for the stocks in your watch lists to touch the lower rim. Then when you see the same set-up on your 10-15 day 2-Hour charts, EXECUTE THE TRADE! It's really just that simple. SF isn't the end-of-all to your trading. But, boy....they sure are close! lol...

RIGGS

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #63390
Ignore nikoschopen
6/5/2008 12:54:19 PM

Hint: Draw one standard deviation ABOVE and BELOW the 60 day slope of OBV.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #63395
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/5/2008 2:23:56 PM

Niko -

If you mean something like this..."60-day slope of OBV(1) is above 0"

That's NOT going to help you in this matter....but I'm sure you know that now. Or maybe I took your "hint" too literal. Yes?...

RIGGS

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #63396
Ignore chetron
6/5/2008 2:31:39 PM

MAYBE....

Fetcher[

/* TACHIKAWA */

Set{vMA40,CMA(OBV,13)}
set{vSD,cstddev(OBV,13)}
set{vSD40,.10 * vSD}
set{vBOLU,vMA40 + vSD40}
set{vBOLD,vMA40 - vSD40}
set{varvol,OBV}
set{vvtrig,vbolu / varvol}
SET{TRIP_WIRE,COUNT(OBV > vBOLU,13)}

SET{VNIKO,50 day slope OBV}
set{vOSD,cstddev(VNIKO,13)}
set{vOSD40,1 * vOSD}
set{vOBOLU,VNIKO + vOSD40}
set{vOBOLD,VNIKO - vOSD40}

draw varvol on plot varvol
DRAW VBOLU ON PLOT varvol
DRAW VBOLD ON PLOT varvol
DRAW OBV(34) ON PLOT VARVOL

DRAW VNIKO
DRAW VOBOLU ON PLOT VNIKO
DRAW VOBOLD ON PLOT VNIKO

VARVOL Crossed above vbolu
CLOSE > 1
VOLUME > 100000

DO NOT DRAW EMA(34)

]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · OBV<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.