StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) - The Little Indicator That Could<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up
JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29420
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/22/2003 4:05:27 PM

I never said Paper Trading is the exact same thing as Money Trading.

I answered the statement that paper trading "is vastly different" from money trading. It is not vastly different.

I don't buy the partial fills and all that. I never have a problem with that.
Probably not in 99% of my trades do I have a problem with fills.
I don't buy stocks where only a very few shares are traded. I never deal in those.
When I place a buy I place it a bit above the last traded price because I want the stock and don't want to have to chase it. So I get my orders filled.
When I sell, I place my order the same way. A bit lower from the last trade because I want out and an I want out now.

So to me that is just not a very good argument vs the fact that I paper trade to try new ideas and new ways of trading. I may not be 100% in the ball park but paper trading is at least 90% like real trading.
Nobody ever tries to claim that the military training is like a real war. However that does not keep them from spending billions on training. It's the training that makes the difference.
It is the same with tennis, boxing and everything else. Practice makes perfect.
I have never seen a boxer get into the ring without training, and nobody can say sparring is the same thing as a million dollar fight.

I state over and over that you have to paper trade like you actually trade.
That precludes taking flyers on junk that you would never buy in real life.
It means you must start with a set amount of money, adding and subtracting just like it happens in real life. You must select your stocks just as if you were going to buy it with real bucks. Must keep your system as realistic as possible.

Train like you trade and trade like you train. That works!

The biggest difference is EMOTION. That is what breaks most traders and that is precluded in paper trading. However, knowing this traders must do everything they can to preclude it from their real trades as well.
The only way I know how to do that is with tested systems.
I don't test with my money. Not ever.

The biggest difference between proper paper trading and money trading is emotion.
It's hard to factor out fear and greed when dealing with real money.
However, it is precisely fear and greed that cause folks to lose money and that is precisely why I insist on sytematic trading instead of of-the-cuff trading.

keithray
13 posts
msg #29425
Ignore keithray
10/22/2003 11:36:42 PM

Your right about the percentages being more like 11% instead of 90% if you were to buy all the stocks on the offset day. As an example, I was basing my percentage on buying one stock, holding it for 5 days, then buying the next stock and holding it 5 days, and etc. So, over a span of 40 trading days, the profit would be 90%.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29426
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/23/2003 12:03:44 AM

Yeah, right. Whatever.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29429
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/23/2003 12:55:06 PM

Very intelligent answer there Joe G.

Once again, you have been exposed.

Market Red, go to bed...

Leave trading to those who trade with REAL MONEY.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29446
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/24/2003 1:13:02 AM

RSI(2) says load the boat when the price goes green and holds with...

GENR sitting on lower LR, rsi(2) = .837

EASY sitting on lower BB, rsi(2) = 5.43

EXTR positive divergence, rsi(2) = 20.83

SONS positive divergence, rsi(2) = 22.44

Papertrade if you like but if you want to rake in real money profits, buy the stocks.

Always use money management:

http://www.optionetics.com/articles/article_full.asp?idNo=8558

AND DON'T BE GREEDY... BE HAPPY WITH A 5% OR BETTER PROFIT IN A WEEK OR LESS.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29451
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/24/2003 11:02:59 AM

EXTR had good earnings and took off in premarket...

The other 3 didn't "hold green".

Making sure stocks hold green makes all the difference. Yes, I know it is "convulted" but it works.... LOL!

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29454
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/24/2003 12:33:21 PM

Folks are free to throw their money away if they want to in trying to catch falling knives. No problem for me.

I prefer stocks that show some sign of life and will make me money.
DFCT was kicked out by my MOAF filer along with EEC and DFCT.
The 3 should prove to be excellent money makers this coming week.

www.koliga.com

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29455
Ignore JoeGrossinger
10/24/2003 12:35:06 PM

SPHC should have been added instead of doing a double entry on DFCT.
All 3 should be great money makers this week.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29466
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/24/2003 9:25:27 PM

Let's see...

EXTR close Thursday $7.07

RSI(2) gives signal Thursday night.

EXTR close Friday $8.27 17% gain.

Any questions?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29467
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/24/2003 9:33:11 PM

"I prefer stocks that show some sign of life and will make me money.
DFCT was kicked out by my MOAF filer along with EEC and DFCT.
The 3 should prove to be excellent money makers this coming week"

DFCT rsi(2) was .358 on 10/23, also sitting on lower LR line.

EEC rsi(2) was 1.95 on 10/24, also sitting on lower LR line.

Something fishy....

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) - The Little Indicator That Could<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.