StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) in combination with MACD<< >>Post Follow-up
scvidar
87 posts
msg #35116
Ignore scvidar
2/12/2005 1:04:48 PM

I would like to throw this out as a possibility. The ability of doing a MACD of RSI(2).

marine2
963 posts
msg #35121
Ignore marine2
2/12/2005 9:17:56 PM

I was just testing something out here and found this list of instructions inside this "test" filter I made was rather nice:

show stocks RSI(2) < 10
show price between 2 and 70
show volume above 30000
and fast stochastic %k is below 25
and price is increasing previous 1 day
and date offset is 72

I never like to use MACD parameters in this particular filter having the RSI(2) because MACD is more a trend barometer that tends to be a few days late when showing its actual pop to the upside to which is what makes the RSI(2) popular. So if you use the fast stochastic tool, that one, might be a better fit.

Try it out and see what you think. Report back if you so choose, thanks!

Marine2

scvidar
87 posts
msg #35131
Ignore scvidar
2/13/2005 3:05:38 PM

I actually liked it. However, one of the things I was hoping for is something like the ability to backtest to see if a divergence was being setup based upon the RSI. I guess what I am looking for is a scan of incomplete W patterns and those patterns based upon the RSI. A little confusing but, a very valuable pattern.

Thanks for taking the time to input.

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #35132
Ignore jclaffee
2/13/2005 4:13:32 PM

scvidar,

try www.groups.yahoo.com/group/stockfetcher and check out the "Files" heading from the menu at the left of the home page. There's beaucoup on most every aspect of the use of RSI(2) from them what put it forward.

Good trading!

Jim

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · RSI(2) in combination with MACD<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.