StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Requesting Popular Filter Updates<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
chi-town
44 posts
msg #138521
Ignore chi-town
10/3/2017 1:02:17 PM

I see.
I know you are a seasoned trader and will make money.
Any recommendation on a stockfetcher filter that you feel good for a new trader?
Thank you for your time.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #138523
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/3/2017 2:44:01 PM

Some observations:

1. There are a ton of filters here on SF, but very few systems. A trading system must have both the entry and exit clearly defined and not left up to discretion. 99% of the filters posted here focus solely on the entry, but say nothing of the exit.

2. Don't trade any filter that does not provide back-tested results. Would you trust your life savings to a financial advisor that was unable to show you how well he did against the market? Same goes for algorithmic trading - backtest data should be easy to provide if the system really works. Honestly the requirements for #1 and #2 eliminate all but a few filter systems here at SF.

3. Trading is a game of psychology, constantly testing traders resolve and intelligence. My greatest challenge at the moment is one of disciplined adherence to my system signals. Be thoughtful about what you try, and make sure that it fits your trading style and temperament before putting real money on the line.

That being said, I would suggest looking at several threads:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Exchange/HOW-TO-DESIGN-A-SYSTEM-NOT-JUST-A-FILTER/101013

This is my thought process around trading system development, and was the basis for the following full systems:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Exchange/PANGOLIN-Z-AND-PANGOLIN-W-FULL-SYSTEM-CODE/122431

And this might be the best validated set of filters, as they are the core set from Larry Connors group:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums2/Filter-Exchange/HIGH-PROBABILITY-ETF-TRADING-BY-LARRY-CONNORS-GET-YOUR/93830

chi-town
44 posts
msg #138528
Ignore chi-town
10/3/2017 7:52:40 PM

Thank you Kevin
I know you put a lot of time and effort into testing and also sharing your results.
This is really appreciative.
Thanks again

jackmack
334 posts
msg #138790
Ignore jackmack
10/21/2017 6:29:51 PM

Kevin
I was just wondering if you could repost the equity curve and trade stats for the PANGOLIN-Z-AND-PANGOLIN-W as it appears they are no longer visible due to non updated subscription from photobucket.
Thank you

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Requesting Popular Filter Updates<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.