StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · STOCHASTIC CROSSOVER SYSTEM FOR SDS AND SSO<< 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113354
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/13/2013 8:46:29 PM

Please stop cross posting the same request in multiple threads. Rather, simply start a new thread with your topic of interest. Thanks.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #113506
Ignore jackmack
5/17/2013 2:06:37 PM

Kevin
Hello and good afternoon
I hate to bother you and ask but were you able run the back test in SS I asked about previously?
Thank you

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113561
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/20/2013 10:42:48 AM

@jack: I ran the combo you suggested over the weekend - much worse overall performance than the original settings. But I also noticed that in 2013 the drawdown for this approach (regardless of settings) was fairly severe, and especially bad in the beginning of 2013.

I would think that anyone trading this over the last 6 months would have given up, even though it has actually made reasonable profit overall. The volatility of this approach is more than I am personally comfortable with.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #113566
Ignore jackmack
5/20/2013 1:36:05 PM

Kevin
Thank you for that information and thank you for doing that for me.
Cheers

jackmack
334 posts
msg #115126
Ignore jackmack
8/28/2013 11:51:31 AM

Kevin
I have been watching and using :-) this filter set with much fascination and appreciation.
One thing that perplexes me is how it get's (for lack of a better term) out of sync for time to time
(which would explain the number of times where there are multiple losing trades in a row in
the back test data you provided - and discussed in the thread).
I have been wondering if there wouldn't be another indicator to back up the entry/exit
of each new position to keep it on the right track.
Take for example SDS - the filter got it right this time with the 26 Aug entry but look at the entry signal that
ocured before it - or look at SSO and the August 12th signal to go long - resulted in a net loss on both
if one followed the entry/exit signals.
Believe me I am not picking at all on this but rather just wondering if there wasn't something
else that would get the signals lined up so they were making a greater number of correct
calls - that's all - not looking for the holy grail - I love this filter and have made a lot of $ using it
but I am Elliot Waver and use my entry and exits with what I "think" the next market move might be
but I would like to get away from what "might be" and have a filter set that's lined up to go long or short
a position and thought there could be something overlooked with this that might improve the
overall odds - that's all.
Thank you
Cheers

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #115134
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/28/2013 10:16:15 PM

Jack: I'm pretty much done working on this one. It was designed to show some alternative strategies I was playing with, but I never did anything other than paper trade this one for a short while.

I suggest that you use this as a platform for furthering your trading system development skills. You have a profitable base system with a fair amount of volatility and a slight edge in Win%. I would look at using market volatility as a refinement.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #115152
Ignore Eman93
8/29/2013 7:03:24 PM

jackmack
219 posts
msg #115126
- Ignore jackmack 8/28/2013 11:51:31 AM

I love this filter and have made a lot of $ using it
but I am Elliot Waver and use my entry and exits with what I "think" the next market move might be
but I would like to get away from what "might be" and have a filter set that's lined up to go long or short
a position and thought there could be something overlooked with this that might improve the
overall odds - that's all.

=================================================

Trade with the trend it will be your friend.

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #115165
Ignore tennisplayer2
8/30/2013 6:14:11 PM

Eman, what are you using to determine the trend? Thanks in advance.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #115170
Ignore Eman93
8/31/2013 2:29:34 PM

This is a difficult question to answer, because it all depends on your time horizon. We are short term in a downtrend.. was that the major top of history? we don't know.

60 min charts 20ma below 50ma
daily chart 10ma below the 20ma

Longer term charts are still in an uptrend.

Weekly 13 ma above the 34ma works pretty well.

http://stockcharts.com/public/1130973/chartbook/258677700;

as you can see from the above chart we have not made a lower low on the weekly time frame yet...

how I try to do it is in this case I will look to sell daily resistance but look to buy support on the weekly chart, you also need to be aware of where the 100day and 200day ma are you will most likely see a reaction.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · STOCHASTIC CROSSOVER SYSTEM FOR SDS AND SSO<< 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.