StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Strangles<< >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher01
25 posts
msg #82705
Ignore stockfetcher01
modified
11/9/2009 3:38:16 PM

Gentlemen and ladies, Is there a particular type of filter best to hunt for strangles? SF01
Thanks in advance for any help.

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #82716
Ignore trendscanner
11/9/2009 7:42:45 PM

You would need a filter that identifies, in advance, when a stock is about to make a very major move either up or down. It seems unlikely to me that a filter to do that consistently could be constructed with the tools available here. Not that the tools here are bad, but most of the tools available are useful for identifying when a stock might be headed in one direction or another but not necessarily either way. Maybe someone could prove me wrong though.

Strangles seem, to me at least, to have a low win probability for most trading opportunities. Seems like the only thing that's a sure thing about a strangle is that at least one side of your trade will expire worthless. Whether the other side of the trade wins enough to make up for the loss is the $64,000 question.

medowz
59 posts
msg #82721
Ignore medowz
11/9/2009 8:47:58 PM

It seems that earnings plays are popular with strangle/straddle strategies. You might get some good ideas on Optionslam.com.

Mike

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #82742
Ignore Eman93
11/10/2009 1:27:05 AM

Tops and bottoms of major resistance ......... wedge or triangle patterns, could break etiher way or tight 10 day patterns ?.... I would think BIo stocks with FDA news expected they usally explode one way or the other...... I find that kind of info to be hard to come buy.....

When you find out be sure to post it up......

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Strangles<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.