StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TAILS AND SHADOWS<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #48565
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
12/12/2006 1:01:50 AM

Glad to see this one back up. "Tails" or "shadows" should be something every trader looks for when searching for those candle combos. Always did like this filter. Nice job for finding it Tommy...and nicer work for building it Avery! Remember what you have learned..."always trade in the OPPOSITE direction of a Tail or shadow!" Always!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #91430
Ignore chetron
4/20/2010 11:14:45 AM

pop

Underworlds
30 posts
msg #91441
Ignore Underworlds
4/20/2010 4:10:50 PM

Thanx for popping this one to the top. I hadn't seen it before. Sweet filter.

woofys
212 posts
msg #101793
Ignore woofys
7/24/2011 4:12:57 PM

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

sierraseller
23 posts
msg #101798
Ignore sierraseller
modified
7/25/2011 3:20:04 PM

I get the same results (220 stocks) from the daily version and the same 220 stocks from the weekly version(s) you posted near the bottom of page 1..... also. the values in the weekly column (wbtsize) and the daily column (btsize) are identical. I seem to remember a previous thread where mixing weekly results with daily results seemed to produce unexpected results. It seems like converting to an all day version might create a baseline which could be compared with the weekly version, but I'm unsure how the get equivalency in SF.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #102871
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
10/8/2011 3:06:44 PM

I have added on /* SELECT STOCKS WHERE BOTTOM TAIL IS INCREASING */
-----------------------------------------------------------------
add column RVI(14,10)
add column RSI(2)
add column CCI(7)
add column CCI(7) 1 day ago
add column fast stochastic fast %k(14)
CxC is number of consecutive days close above (+)/below(-) previous close and set{CCb,days(close is above close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CCa,days(close is below close 1 day ago,100)} set{CxC, CCa - CCb} and add column CxC {C_x_C}
Chart-time is 50 days

Draw RVI(14,10)
Draw CCI(7)
Draw RSI(2)
Draw fast stochastic fast %k(14)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sort RVI(14,10) as the highest first - look for tails , a CCI(7) up from yesterday CCI(7), a low RSI(2), a low fast stochastic fast %k(14)
As stock moves up RVI(14,10) goes down and everything else goes up.
Then take a risk and buy . Or wait for green at the next days open, adjust stops daily.

Look at stocks from 0.50 to 250- One may want to adjust to one's own liking
I adjusted Volume on mine to 100000

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TAILS AND SHADOWS<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.