StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · This strategy makes me a lot, but need help writing it<< >>Post Follow-up
whirl
11 posts
msg #38216
Ignore whirl
9/27/2005 1:37:45 AM

When I find these patterns manually I usually do really well, it's really simple strategy yet does quite well. I am looking for stocks that had a really big tank in 1 or 2 days of say 30% or more, over 30 days AGO. Then let it consolidate for a while in a pretty flat channel. Then when it shows signs of breaking the upside of the channel I jump in and ride the bounce. Of course it will work in big stocks, but on small stocks very easy to find stocks go from $4 to $2, and ride it back to $3 for a nice 50% bounce in a couple of days.

This is what I have so far, but I can't seem to get the syntax right for what I want.

Show stocks below 3
and volume is above 200000
and close dropped more than 30% in one day more than 30 days ago (this is where I have problems)
and RSI(5) reached a new 30 day high
and OBV is above 0

and the stock is trading in a tight channel 10% of its price (a $2 stock would only hover .20 while in the channel during the consolidation)

Can anyone help me w/ the proper syntax, and/or tweak it. I do quite well, if I can only automate the finding process. thank you

MikeB60046
43 posts
msg #38219
Ignore MikeB60046
9/27/2005 5:46:37 AM

whirl

try plugging this into your filter where you are having problems

count(close is 30% below close 1 day ago,30) is above 0

whirl
11 posts
msg #38221
Ignore whirl
9/27/2005 12:15:27 PM

Thank you for your response. Does that code look for stocks that dropped a lot 30 days ago? or at LEAST 30 days ago? I dont want to be limited to exactly 30 days, maybe even something that happened 30 days to 1 year ago.
thx

MikeB60046
43 posts
msg #38223
Ignore MikeB60046
9/27/2005 12:34:17 PM

It looks for stocks falling at any time within the last 30 days. Change the days for any period you wish

whirl
11 posts
msg #38224
Ignore whirl
9/27/2005 12:57:37 PM

Thanks Mike. Is there a way I can specify a range instead then? For example, greater than 5 days, and less than 30. That way I can allow the stock to consolidate instead of just looking at yesterday's stocks which I wouldn't want in the scan.

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #38253
Ignore yaotiande
9/28/2005 5:57:55 PM

This should get you going. You might want to tweak it a little. I'm having a hard time yielding any matches. The only one is NWS from the drop very long ago. You mind shareing one of those already made you a bundle :) Let me know how it plays out.

Fetcher[
set{mychannel,close 25 day high minus close 25 day low}
set{mydratio,close divided by close 1 day ago}
show stocks where count(mydratio is below 0.7,100) is above 0
and count(mydratio is below 0.7, 100) is below 2
and count(mydratio is below 0.7,30) is below 1
and rsi(5) reached new 30 day high
and obv is above 0
and mychannel is more than 90% below ma(25)
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · This strategy makes me a lot, but need help writing it<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.