StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · low for past two months and date<< >>Post Follow-up
prokewl
5 posts
msg #56663
Ignore prokewl
11/11/2007 10:07:16 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to write a filter and want the following five variables to be set, but am unsure how to go about it:

lowestClosePastTwoMonths - the lowest of the closing price during the last two months

lowestClosePastTwoMonthsDate - the date of when lowestClosePastTwoMonths occured

currentClose - this one I can figure out which is just "close"

currentCloseDate - today's date -- couldn't find a function and am unsure if there is one?

timeBetweenCloseDates = can I just subtract currentCloseDate from lowestClosePastTwoMonthsDate to get the number in days?

Thanks for any help!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #56664
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
11/11/2007 10:22:01 AM

Fetcher[
set{low2m, close 2 month low}

add column low2m

draw low2m

market is nasdaq 100
]

low2m is the lowest close for the past 2 months.

DAYS doesn't work to tell you how many days since the 2 month low occurred because you don't know at the time it is the 2 month low.

If you look at the chart for FLEX, you'll see at the time the present 2 month low occurred it wasn't the current 2 month low.

Perhaps there's a SF trick I need to learn... THINKING CAPS ON!

HTH.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · low for past two months and date<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.