StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · #1 Thing Ive Taken Away from my 4 year SF Subscription<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #50399
Ignore luc1grunt
3/3/2007 7:47:45 PM

show stocks where the day range is above 1%
and Average Volume(90) above 8000000
and Close above 20
and market is nasdaq remove · edit

I reload the data daily so I have the watch list charts the way I want them. My standard "3" golden geese are part of these but I venture into others for day trades as well. Especially when RSI numbers/lin regressions/aditional indicators "stack the odds" in one direction or another. The "geese" usually get traded daily, but sometimes the "odds" are better in the other high volume/volatility stocks. SNDK was big Thursday and Friday even though I rearely trade it. The odds were a little tilted.

Thanks to many on here for helping form this this technique over the past couple years....it has been profitable. Getting to "know" a few have been the best income producers. Plenty of other screens to look for "opportunities".

Great thread :)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50400
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/3/2007 9:01:00 PM

Why do I still use StockFetcher?

I use StockFetcher to show me the statistics on AAPL and the rest of my "herd".

SF also identifies new "cows" from time to time.

But I basically just scalp AAPL whenever I trade equities.

cord1ell
8 posts
msg #50414
Ignore cord1ell
3/4/2007 11:29:35 AM

TRO,

How did you decide to 'specialize' in AAPL?

I've been focusing on F for regular trades but I wonder if there are better stocks for reasons I haven't thought of.

Thanks

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50419
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/4/2007 8:09:22 PM

WHY I SCALP TRADE AAPL

1) VOLUME - You don't want to get stuck with the OLD MAID

2) VOLATILITY - Price action equals opportunity... that's all you can ask for - an opportunity to take profit... THE MARKET NEVER GIVES YOU PROFIT. No movement, no opportunity.

3) DAY RANGE - Enough movement that capturing just a small fraction can make me a few hundred a day.

Dan-o
19 posts
msg #50423
Ignore Dan-o
3/4/2007 9:04:46 PM

Yes, I'm on the side of simplicity. I use one general screen and can explain it to an eighth grader. In the three years I've been using SF I've always looked for quality, there can be so much noise out there. Keeping it simple has helped me develop good chart pattern recognition skills, too. That may have helped my trading most of all. I think a lot of people have the image that trading has to be intense and complicated.

Have also appreciated the SF community as well.

limestar
79 posts
msg #50425
Ignore limestar
3/5/2007 12:12:29 AM

Most of my trading life has been trading the index, so QID/QLD applies to me as well. There might be more profit in individual stocks though.

contrahawk
68 posts
msg #50429
Ignore contrahawk
3/5/2007 9:06:31 AM

Looks like AAPL will buck the tide and open higher this a.m.

Jim

markcrisp
187 posts
msg #50431
Ignore markcrisp
3/5/2007 10:00:59 AM

Ok. This begs the question. If this is what you all believe, why subscribe to stockfetcher?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL. Nice one

limestar
79 posts
msg #50432
Ignore limestar
3/5/2007 10:07:07 AM

Everyone likes the rush of finding gold.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #50433
Ignore alf44
3/5/2007 12:03:52 PM

"Ok. This begs the question. If this is what you all believe, why subscribe to stockfetcher?"

-----------------------------------------------

Finding STOCKS from the whole Universe of Stocks is not the way I approach things with StockFetcher.

Finding short term PRICE PATTERNS from a small WATCHLIST of stocks is the way I use StockFetcher. Along with providing me info on those Watchlist Stocks...by way of columns.

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · #1 Thing Ive Taken Away from my 4 year SF Subscription<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.