StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · 3 month high filter<< >>Post Follow-up
sulldt
28 posts
msg #39559
Ignore sulldt
12/15/2005 9:17:05 AM

I've been having trouble getting any results for the following filter: " Show stocks where close 2 days ago was below 3 month high 2 days ago and close was above 3 month high 2 days ago". It should give some results but it never does. Am I not phrasing it correctly or am I missing something else?

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #39561
Ignore jclaffee
12/15/2005 9:58:35 AM

sulldt, try this:

Fetcher[set{3mohi,3 month High}
and Close above 3mohi 2 days ago
and Close 2 days ago below 3mohi 2 days ago
and add column 3mohi 2 days ago {3mohi-2}
]

It'll cover you up with hits!

Jim

sulldt
28 posts
msg #39571
Ignore sulldt
12/15/2005 12:44:50 PM

Thanks Jim, but that didn't get me what I was shooting for. I'm better at plain english than I am at coding but it looks like what you gave me should have worked, it just didn't. If you're so inclined, take a look at the 6 month chart of SPEX, it might give you a better idea of what I'm trying for. It was pretty much trading in a range for 3 or 4 months and suddenly shot up(thats the trading above the 3 month high I was referring to) and it reached almost 6 befor pulling back. I use the 10 day EMA as a buy point and once it traded below that I bought 5,000 @2.95 yesterday and sold them earlier in the day at 4.50 so that worked out pretty good. I'm just trying to figure out a filter that would pick out these sudden risers, wait for them to drop back to the 10 day EMA, and then buy.If it's too much bother don't even mess with it, I've got another filter I can use but it just takes a little more looking-at time. Again,thanks. sulldt

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #39664
Ignore jclaffee
12/18/2005 10:59:36 PM

72 hours w/o electricity due to an accumulation of 1/2" of ice from rain falling while temp was below 32F has intervened here! When I get back on an even keel, I'll see if I can contribute further.

Jim

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · 3 month high filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.