StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66373
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
8/18/2008 5:36:50 PM

I read "A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME" by Stephen Hawking last week. Gave me some ideas for trading.

p-10

"... A theory is a good theory if it satisfies two requirements. It must accurately describe a large class of observations on the basis of a model that contains only a few arbitrary elements, and it must make definite predictions about the results of future observations...."

p-58

"In general, quantum mechanics does not predict a single definite result for an observation. Instead, it predicts a number of different possible outcomes and tells us how likely each of these is. ...."

p-183

"With the advent of quantum mechanics, we have come to recognize that events cannot be predicted with complete accuracy but that there is always a degree of uncertainty. ...."

That sure sounds a lot like trading, filter writing, indicator coding, etc...

It also "validates" my statistical approach to trading because the statistics will show what has happened when these criteria have been met. In fact, I believe you can use any indicator/filter and then apply statistical analysis to the stocks the indicator/filter selected to find which stocks are most likely to generate profit.

Adding one of my TRO STAT SCAN displays to your filter will show how each stock performed from OPEN to HIGH over the past 100 days or past 9 weeks. Of course, you can change the time parameters to fit your needs.

You can add the TRAVEL GUIDE display to your indicator/filter to target possible entries and exit.

Many of you have probably heard that KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. That was further refined to APPLIED KNOWLEDGE IS POWER. I have made this revision:

"Knowledge applied properly, at the appropriate time, is profitable."

1) You have to have the knowledge

2) You have to apply it properly

3) You have to apply it at the appropriate time.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.