StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A filter that works.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27320
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
7/12/2003 3:40:21 AM

I made over 30% this week with this filter. It produced great results. Just learn and then trade with real money after your confortable and notice the patterns. Watch the MACD to see the entry points.

Fetcher[Low is above Low 1 day ago and Volume is above Volume 1 day ago and open is below close and open 1 day ago is below close 1 day ago and close is between 1 and 2]

I know I could narrow it down even more but i prefer to produce a good amoutn of results so that I do not miss a stock that could be a true winner. I just rather spend the extra time looking. This filter never really produces over 30-35 stocks a day anyways. I can go through that is like 10 minutes and see what are potentials.

newskate
29 posts
msg #27321
Ignore newskate
7/12/2003 9:40:51 AM

This looks pretty good, seems to work bettet in bulls - which is not issue. I played with it a bit in Jan / Feb time and tried to cull out by adding positive slopes to MA's / MACD lines and it seems to help even more! I'll play a while and if I get something that make significant difference, I'll post here. Does this addition make sense to the thought process that generated this filter?

Thanks for sharing it!

Stephen

risjr
229 posts
msg #27322
Ignore risjr
7/12/2003 10:16:44 AM

Yo Noahedwinbeach2

This is one of the best 3-5 days filter I've ever seen! And it has lots of rockets too! When you say Macd is your entry point, is this hourly our daily? And when you say you go thru 30 stocks in 10 minutes, are looking for a particular pattern, or any indicators, hourly or daily?

Please be as detailed as possible!

Thanks

Ron

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27323
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
7/12/2003 2:14:01 PM

Ok here goes. I base the MACD per day not by the hour. The only time I may base the MACD on the hour is if I have decided to actually purchase the stock and I am looking for the best entry point. I will then buy when the MACD is at its lowest point I beleive it will be for that day. I did not inlcude the sloping up MACD in the filter because like I said it narrows the picks too much and sometimes I may miss a pick that didnt do a sloping up MACD but a week later explodes 100% because it may still be a good pick. I rather judge for myself. I do not let the filters judge for me. I just use the filters to find general patterns I am looking for. Ok you would like to know how I go through them in 10 minutes. I will tell you how. I know a stock is a good stock when it has bottomed out or perceived to bottom out in a correction and the MACD is starting to rise. It doesnt have to cross 0 just has to rise. I also look for descent jumps in price because that usually signals its about to really move. For instance if the jump is only 3% thats not a big move so I will overlook that stock. If the jump is 5% and greater though I will keep my eye on it. Here are two stocks I was successful in this week using this filter. I made more money this week than i have sense I started trading. IMNY and ATS. I bought both of those stocks this week and still holding on to IMNY because I bought Friday 11th. So far im up 55% in my account. I started with $2850 and now im at $4450. If any of you are looking for what picks I may go with on any given day feel free to email me and I will tell you. My email is nbeach@midsouth.rr.com I don't mind helping anyone on here because I wish the best for all of you. I can tell you I am looking at getting BIOM on monday. I have seen this pattern before. I consider it the calm before the storm as Darvis would ay. If any of you want to see what I really look for in a pattern look at TRAC. Zoom out for the 3 month and you will notice how its flat and just picks up steadily and explodes. I do not like super volatile stocks. The best performers are the ones that are pretty much flat and stable and the MACD starts to rise along with the volume and that is usually accompanied with a surge in price over a couple of days of like 10% or so. That is when I know I got a winner. Honestly guys success comes in the market from these filters from taking balsy decisions. You have to keep a non emotional head. You cannot let stocks get the best of you becuase you will end up making dumb mistakes. Usually your fist guess is the best guess. If you let yourself second guess yourself you will fail. I never second guess myself and sense I stopped doing that my portfolio has sky rocketed. I am getting a feeling for the winners and I have learned what they look like before they do there huge gains. I have learned by looking at past performers over and over again until certain patterns are just stuck in my head. Like I said please email me if you really want to get down in it with me. Some dont care and some do. I have really learned a lot and I am really getting good at this because of my straight face. I keep certain principles and there are certain keys to my success so far:

I limit my losses. If a stocks low for today is lower than the previous days low i sell no matter what. I dont care if it jumps back up. Most of the time it signals a downward trend. If you do not beleive me then look at past winners like TRAD and TRAC right now. You will notice how when its surging every day the low for the day is higher than the previous days low. I am in the business to make money not to sit around forever hoping a stock will explode. I want the exploding stock NOW not next week or next month. There are just certain identifiable patterns in the market. When a stock is about to increase it never drops below the previous low and the volume starts to pickup. By the way I do not care of the days close is lower than the days open as long as the low is higher than the previous days low and the MACD is rising. The MACD must be rising folks! If the MACD is not rising I do not consider it. Email me if you have anymore questions. I thank stockfetcher for providing the tools for me to use. It is well worth it and if I become really successful I will give back to stockfetcher more than they ever dreamed.

Noah Beach

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27324
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
7/12/2003 2:15:09 PM

I forgot to tell you guys. Usually the best time I have found to buy a stock is 10:00AM stock market time. IMNY was a perfect example. I bout at 10:00AM after it dropped tremendously only to see it rebound and make me about 18% in 1 day!

newskate
29 posts
msg #27347
Ignore newskate
7/13/2003 11:02:01 PM

Noah, I've been backtesting this quite a bit and am very excited - well done. Question - how do you trade the upside? Meaning, I get jumping off if it doesn't jump up, but how high do you ride below jumping then? I've been thinking about a "buy at open, trailing stop of -10%, and upper limit of 10%, or maybe 20%. I'd like this to be automatic where possible once the buy decision is made as I don't have time to trade during the day.

Your thoughts?

Stephen

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27357
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
7/14/2003 1:52:15 PM

For the record this is Noah's trading partner, not Noah. All I have to say is I can hardly freakin' believe the returns Noah has been getting since he started sticking with his principles in the stocks that are popping up in his filter. It's unbelievable. After watching the success he made in SPLN I decided to really watch his picks he was buying using his indicators. Since then I watched him get ATS and make like 35% on it in a week. At that point I was convinced to take him seriously and buy exactly the types of stocks he was watching. Thursday night we stayed up chatting and decided that on Friday morning IMNY and VION were definately good buys. Well Noah put half in IMNY and half in VION. IMNY went up like 21% Friday and VION dropped a couple percent. Of course I bought VION and was very dissapointed but today it's up around 20% so far so I'm glad I hung on and IMNY is up around another 10% almost. This has thoroughly convinced me using what Noah posted above does produce big gains quickly. This is a get-rich quick scheme that just might actually work :) Now I put about 60% of my portfolio in BIOM at $1.51 so I will see how that turns out. Like Noah said of course not all picks will turn out the way you hoped but with this you can tell very soon if you should sell so you can really limit your losses. But I have watched Noah make his last 3 or 4 picks in a row produce very high returns very quickly. Congratulations to Noah for diligently searching for a truly winning system, because this just might be a gold mine he has stepped on.

acervapsych
39 posts
msg #27366
Ignore acervapsych
7/15/2003 12:07:48 AM

Hi Noah, do you base your picks on the MACD or other indicators? If you base your picks on the MACD, do you wait till it reaches the "0" mark? I am new to trading, and been reading some books. I believe the best way to learn is to do it and learn from others. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
acerva

Noahedwinbeach2
135 posts
msg #27384
Ignore Noahedwinbeach2
7/15/2003 9:19:24 PM

This is Noah's trading partner, NOT Noah. Well I had a go at BIOM and of course it went down lol. I ditched it at 1.43- just below yesterday's low, so I was only out 5%. It may go up later but I'm not gonna hang on to it to find out. So today I bought UAXS, TGEN, and DIGL. TGEN and DIGL both went down roughly 1-2% since I got in them but I made 23% on UAXS in one day today! From the looks of the after hours quotes I will be at a profit tomorrow morning on DIGL but I might have to ditch TGEN. Who knows I'm not a prophet and don't pretend to be, we'll wait and see :).

acervapsych
39 posts
msg #27393
Ignore acervapsych
7/15/2003 11:06:22 PM

Noah's trading partner, do you enter the market at 10:00 am? Do you set a stop limit on your trading or do you use a mental stop? For example: Let say xyz stock open at 1.60 (9:30am). MACD just crossed over. At 10:00am do you buy the stock at that current price. Let say the current price is 1.70 at 10:00 am on xyz stock? Thanks
Acerva

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A filter that works.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.