StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Accumm/Dist Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
Mushroom
6 posts
msg #48269
Ignore Mushroom
11/30/2006 11:26:50 PM

Hello,
I visual screen daily charts for stocks that have a divergence (weeks and months) between the stock Price and Accumm/Dist indicator at SharpCharts. I am new to StockFetcher and don't see a Accumm/Dist indicator to use in a scan.
However I wouldn't know how to set up this scan if I could find the right indicator.
If anyone could give me ideas/help I would appreciate it.
Just for background and if anyone wants to use this method.
I look for both long and short opportunities. I prefer to look at Large caps but have seen the divergence work well with pennies.
I like to overlay the price and indicator on the chart as the divergence is much easier to see that way. After finding good candidates, I look at CCI, Slow Stochastic, MACD, for overbought or oversold and check for recent news, and company fundamentals.
For a long position I like to see the Stochastic and price trending up before I enter and the opposite for shorts.
Thanks in advance,
the Mushroom was here...........

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #48271
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/1/2006 12:25:39 AM

Fetcher[

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }
/* DISPLAY THE COLUMNS */

add column adval
add column accumulation distribution

and draw adval
and draw accumulation distribution

/* user criteria */

close above 40
volume above 10000000
market is nasdaq

]

HTH.

Mushroom
6 posts
msg #48408
Ignore Mushroom
12/5/2006 8:42:22 PM

Hello,
Thank you to, TheRumpledOne.
Just got home from a trip and found your reply to my post.
Now I have something to work with.

Thanks again,
the Mushroom was here.................

Mushroom
6 posts
msg #48702
Ignore Mushroom
12/18/2006 2:57:09 PM

I would like to do two different things with the "draw accumulation distribution" view.
I would like to be able to have it overlayed in the box with the volume and directly overlay the chart prices not under it.
I would like to add the views to my scans. To clarify I don't need to do both at the same time as they would be used with different scans.

thanks in advance.
the Mushroom was here..........

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #48705
Ignore maxreturn
12/18/2006 5:10:37 PM

TRO & Mushroom...by normalizing where the close falls in the last 60 day's range you can overlay the adval plot. In this way you can make direct comparisons between the two. Although this doesn't quite achieve Mushroom's goal I believe it's probably the best that can be done within the constraints of fetcher:

Fetcher[/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution & price */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100}
set{closeval, INDPOSITION(close, 60) * 100}

add column adval

and draw adval on plot closeval

/* user criteria */

close above 40
volume above 10000000
market is nasdaq
]

Regards
Max

Mushroom
6 posts
msg #48745
Ignore Mushroom
12/21/2006 9:02:52 PM

Thank you,
I think it great that you guys go out of you way to help others.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #48749
Ignore maxreturn
modified
12/22/2006 10:20:12 AM

I added "volpct" to this filter and added the macd and three ema's. I thought it might be instructive to look at RIMM. A double bottom was confirmed on the breakout of 8/10/06. This breakout was on large volume. Now look at the adval line when price retested it's low. It stayed much higher than closeval, implying accumulation. Also note how the breakout on high volume was above all 3 ema's. You could have gone long here or waited for a pullback close to either the rising ema(20) or ema(50). This occurred on September 8 when there was an upclose after testing the ema(20).

Fetcher[set{volpct, volume divided by average volume(50)}
/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution & price */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100}
set{closeval, INDPOSITION(close, 60) * 100}

add column adval

and draw adval on plot closeval

/* user criteria */

close above 40
volume above 10000000
market is nasdaq
draw macd fast line
draw ema(20) and draw ema(50) and draw ema(200)
date offset is 12/21/06
draw volpct
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Accumm/Dist Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.