StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Additional backtesting software<< >>Post Follow-up
tombrown1
61 posts
msg #105498
Ignore tombrown1
3/18/2012 12:02:50 AM

I love StockFetcher and have learned a ton, but the backtesting feature on the site does have some limitations, and I'm wondering if anybody has any recommendations for more robust software that is relatively affordable and also easy to use. I've been kicking the tires on AmiBroker, QuantShare, and StrataSearch.

Thoughts?

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #105501
Ignore mahkoh
3/18/2012 7:50:55 AM

Garsworld's powerscan has a "retrospect" add-on that will let you run backtests with up to 5 minute timeframes. Powerscan has a trial feature but I'm not sure that includes the add-on. You could try to negociate an evaluation period with the owner.

tombrown1
61 posts
msg #105512
Ignore tombrown1
3/18/2012 8:14:19 PM

Thanks Mahkoh. It looks like it only backtests one day at a time. I'm looking for something that will backtest at least 20 or 30 years with some slightly more advanced options than SF has. SF is awfully close to being the answer for me, but they don't seem too keen on improving the backtesting feature. I'll gladly pay more if they would update the backtesting.

Best,

Tom

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Additional backtesting software<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.