StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Any way to have an entry command based on a certain price?<< >>Post Follow-up
brettw777
3 posts
msg #104939
Ignore brettw777
2/12/2012 5:41:30 PM

Hey everyone, total newbie here. I am amazed at how good many of you are at figuring out how to set up these filters. I did not find the user guide all that user friendly but I guess I am not so smart! Anyway, this is probably not possibly but I am wondering if someone would know how to put this scenario in a filter:

Monday, the price of a stock does xyz and there is my trigger. I want to buy the stock on the following day if it goes over the high of the first 30 minute of this trading day. Possible? If not, I can settle for a command that puts my entry at or just over the previous day's open. Thanks for any help!

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #104941
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/12/2012 7:31:42 PM

Cannot do intraday. However, you can set a limit price for backtesting relative to a specific end-of-day value (e.g., yesterday's high plus a few cents).

brettw777
3 posts
msg #104945
Ignore brettw777
2/12/2012 8:03:12 PM

Kevin, thanks for your reply. Can you or someone tell how to make that command? Buying the day after the trigger day's high plus a few cents (for a backtest). Thanks a million.

mktmole
325 posts
msg #104946
Ignore mktmole
2/12/2012 8:13:27 PM

if i may// try adding...

set{up10, high 1 day ago + 0.10}
add column up10
show stocks where up10 above 0

mm

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Any way to have an entry command based on a certain price?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.