StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anyone familiar with this book and the strategies?<< >>Post Follow-up
einok
msg #93474
Ignore einok
6/3/2010 11:43:33 PM

Link

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #93485
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/4/2010 6:50:47 AM

Did you read the reviews? The entire system is explained is about three sentences.

I can write this filter in even less ...

Fetcher[

close above MA(200)
high below MA(4)

]

Now backtest this with your exit at "close above MA(4)" and see if it works.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #93490
Ignore miketranz
6/4/2010 9:31:07 AM

Own the book,read the book,implemented the set ups.Great for trending markets only,otherwise you will be whipsawed to death......

einok
msg #93491
Ignore einok
modified
6/4/2010 9:48:09 AM

I did read the review that mentioned the system. The reviewer didn't mention exits. Also in the sample pages the author mentioned ADX and DI +/-. Mike could you elaborate on some of the rules?

Kevin, this is what I read on Amazon.

In an uptrending stock, wait until the day's entire trading range drops below the four day simple moving average. Buy the stock when it recrosses this average.

So, you wrote:

close above MA(200)
high below MA(4)

What about the entry when it recrosses the average? I'm not sure if all price action has to be above the ma(4). I'm still curious about an exit.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #93504
Ignore miketranz
6/4/2010 1:12:17 PM

ewhiteman,what you have is a basic moving average crossover buy signal from below,crossing above a moving average.That's all it is.The only problem with the method is,the stock must be going up in a 45 degree or better angle.It's for strong trending stocks.I do like that you enter only on a trend resumption.So what you have is a basic pullback set up,only your using moving average crossovers to enter.As far as exit,that's your option.In my opinion,50/50 shot,coupled with money management,strong trending stock,you have half a shot to make some money.Hope that helps.Mike......

einok
msg #93505
Ignore einok
6/4/2010 1:22:53 PM

miketranz

Would you be interested in selling the book, or trading it for a book that I have, Connors "Short Term Strategies That Work". I'm just curious to see all of the techniques used in your book.

Thanks

klynn55
747 posts
msg #93520
Ignore klynn55
6/4/2010 6:31:07 PM

ewhite your book sells for $40, his book sells for $29. why are so adament about not using amazon, its simple, you sell it , you put it in a box , and take it to the PO. i do it a hundred times a year! then buy a new book, follow the same procedure, believe me these books go like hotcakes, it will sell. and its simple!

einok
msg #93527
Ignore einok
6/4/2010 10:04:13 PM

klynn55

since he had a book i was interested in, i was just curious about buying/trading. anyhow i have sold on ebay, but never amazon. i'll check it out.

thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anyone familiar with this book and the strategies?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.