StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anyone know a broker who allows orders to sell on market close?<< >>Post Follow-up
alichambers
48 posts
msg #46675
Ignore alichambers
8/30/2006 10:18:15 AM

Hi,

The thread title says it all - does anyone know a broker who allows orders to sell on market close? I'd like to put an order in out of hours for the next day's open, then have it automatically close at that day's close price.

If anyone knows of a spread betting company that does this, that would be even better!

Cheers,
Alex

shmoyer
18 posts
msg #46678
Ignore shmoyer
8/30/2006 11:14:24 AM

Try Think Or Swim {TOS)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46680
Ignore nikoschopen
8/30/2006 12:28:28 PM

Have you ever heard of a MOC (Market-on-Close) order?

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #46689
Ignore shelupinin
8/31/2006 12:48:34 AM

as far as I know not all exchanges supports MOC/MOO orders. I remember I placed MOC on AMEX but same order was not accessible if I choose INET or other root.
Alex

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46694
Ignore nikoschopen
8/31/2006 11:16:19 AM

Interactive Brokers has an extensive array of over 40 fanciful order types:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/orderTypesMatrix.php?ib_entity=llc

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anyone know a broker who allows orders to sell on market close?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.