StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Ascending Triangle Patterns<< >>Post Follow-up
lawdawguw
25 posts
msg #68300
Ignore lawdawguw
10/10/2008 11:48:31 PM

I've found the basic function that show the pattern. However, is it possible to scan for ascending triangle patterns that are still within the boundaries of the triangle?

Thanks in Advance,

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #68302
Ignore Eman93
10/11/2008 12:28:02 AM

Volume is above 500000

show stocks where the close is near the upper ascending triangle(20)

Chaikins Volatility(10,10) is above 0

lawdawguw
25 posts
msg #68303
Ignore lawdawguw
10/11/2008 12:34:06 AM

Thanks for your reply. I assume the the value in parentheses is the day value, so I switched it up a few times as I was not getting any results while lowering the volume and dropping the Cauklin.

The results I get back are ALL closes outside of the ascending triangle. I'm looking for stock that are still in the process of formation for teaching purposes.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #68305
Ignore luc1grunt
10/11/2008 8:12:27 AM

law, i asked several times for the code inside the code to no avail. What i did find is to change the time settings.

show stocks where pattern is ascending triangle(45,3)
and average volume(30) is above 900000
and close is between 5 and 100

for example (60,5) (28.3), 124,10) etc.

You will find stocks that have not broken s/r, but it does take some sifting. I pull those still in the formation onto another watch and go from there. Without being able to tweak the code....it seems you "get what you get".

With the current conditions, results are small and those inside the patterns are even smaller.

Don't forget the descending triangle scans....they tend to produce better patterns.

lawdawguw
25 posts
msg #68343
Ignore lawdawguw
10/12/2008 5:26:45 PM

Thanks for this! It's basically for teaching purposes, but I'll be doing the descending, next. Again, thanks!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Ascending Triangle Patterns<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.