StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Backtesting Question<< >>Post Follow-up
rrochon13
10 posts
msg #46775
Ignore rrochon13
9/7/2006 2:13:10 PM

Stockfetcher, Since this question did not get an answer in the Backtesting Forum, I am posting it here. Possibly others would want to know also, or maybe someone else knows the answer.

How can I set the backtest filters so all the positions will be closed at the end of the test? When some positions are left open at the end of the backtest, the gains or losses shown have no meaning. For example, if the test shows a substantial gain and there are 6 losing position left open at the end of the test, there might actually be a serious loss using this filter.

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #46776
Ignore Koronbock
9/7/2006 2:58:18 PM

Hm, I think what you are describing is unavoidable. It is simply a matter of your filter. If it happens to find stocks that satisfy your criteria at the end of the test period, it will enter the stocks. Naturally some trades will then be open.
If you have a resonable amount of trades it shouldn't be a problem. If you have very few trades, you have to check the (latest) results manually.

HTH
Cheers

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Backtesting Question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.