StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Backtesting on other sites<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
glider
59 posts
msg #47264
Ignore glider
10/2/2006 11:27:33 AM

barl0w

Thanks for the advice. I am planning to do the 30 day trial. It's true 'easy' is a relative term, but I'm sure people have opinions when comparing to stockfetcher language. For me, stockfetcher seems relatively easy as a programing language.

glider

as214
184 posts
msg #47266
Ignore as214
10/2/2006 11:45:52 AM

Backtesting on vector Vest is fun, I've done over 180 hours of it. Learned alot. They offer free 5 week trials. Id recommend it.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47270
Ignore nikoschopen
10/2/2006 1:06:28 PM

glider sez "For me, stockfetcher seems relatively easy as a programing language."

User-friendliness doesn't always translate into user-satisfaction.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47274
Ignore nikoschopen
10/2/2006 2:48:39 PM

BTW, for those who are allergic to MetaStock and its lethargic backtesting capability, check out TradeSim for a change (http://www.compuvision.com.au/TradeSim.htm). Obviously, a large part of MS community that I'm aware of is already using TradeSim to fill the void left by MetaStock.

cdvllc
15 posts
msg #47546
Ignore cdvllc
10/19/2006 8:55:16 PM

Why don't you like stockfetcher?
It works well for me.

cdvllc
15 posts
msg #47547
Ignore cdvllc
10/19/2006 8:57:25 PM

Also... I tried Vector Vest and it was slow unless you buy their 3000 auto tester...

one more thing... my results are closer to stockfetcher in reality then vector vest - it always seems like vector vest does better in backtesting then reality or even close to reality. I had one backtest up 30,000% in 10 years called show me the money - I tried to run it in real time and lost 20K

as214
184 posts
msg #47549
Ignore as214
10/19/2006 9:55:21 PM

cdv,

I am a longer term trader and VV has been good to me. Ive had triple digit gains every year since 2000. If you are a shorter term trader than maybe it isnt for you. You certainly wont go wrong with using SF. There are alot of great people here. Good luck to you with everything.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #47550
Ignore nikoschopen
10/19/2006 10:22:03 PM

cdv sez "Why don't you like stockfetcher? It works well for me."

Was that in response to my post? Well, I was more or less referring to the gripes being voiced by others who seems to have no knowledge of the fact that there are other more established softwares firmly entrenched in the community of backtest junkies. Some of the perrenial favorites among the junkies who are on a ceaseless quest for that elusive holygrail are TradeStation, Metastock, and Amibroker. I have no particular dislike about the Stockfetcher's version of backtester, other than the fact that it's still in its beta phase (no??) and that there are functional limitations not found in others.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Backtesting on other sites<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.