StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bollinger Bands<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #488
Ignore karennma
2/19/2003 5:45:45 PM

Who is using BBs successfully? How r u using them? What filters do u like?

wallman
299 posts
msg #489
Ignore wallman
2/19/2003 7:50:31 PM

Been using bb's successfully for long time now,i rely on them for every trade i make,only use them at the extremes,i.e.,touching or going through top band for shorts and bottom band for longs,i carry it further to the extremes by using this filter[show stocks where close has been decreasing over the last 3 days and average volume is above 100000 and close price is between 1 and 10 and price touched lower bollinger band(20)],the key here is i use candlesticks and i want to see a bottom tail on the last one,which shows the stock had some upward push from the low of the day even though it was down for the day,also i like to see the heaviest volume of it's decreasing days on the last day,which indicates to me that selling should be reaching it's peak and buyers may be ready to step in,you can use any price range but have found over time low priced stocks under 10 work way better for me as does heavier volume,100,000 at least,the most important rule for me is that these stocks MUST be up a few cents half hour after the open or they are NOT bought,also i will usually only hold them for a day or two and take profit and i use a 3%-4% stop loss on them,no exceptions,many of these stocks return 5% or more in a day or two,i just try to keep turning them over,also 3 down days are the minimum ,4 or more can prove even more profitable,some examples from recent days so you can see what they like in case i didn't explain to well are NUFO,WEDC,HRC,GLBL,LEXAR,TWR,. I keep increasing the volume with filter on test until i'm left with 10 or so plays,then look at the charts to see who looks best as far as # of down days,bottom tails and volume and then wait to see who's up at the open, has worked very well in both good markets(remember them?)and bad. Hope this helps you or someone else

BenH
32 posts
msg #143988
Ignore BenH
7/2/2018 7:26:05 AM

Wallman thanks for the post

ron22
255 posts
msg #144065
Ignore ron22
7/10/2018 11:08:49 AM

Wallman, Do you still use this filter?

klynn55
747 posts
msg #144067
Ignore klynn55
7/10/2018 12:40:14 PM

you want answers from muddy, you better pony up, hes in pay chat!

ron22
255 posts
msg #144070
Ignore ron22
7/10/2018 6:58:18 PM

Klynn, what is muddy's chat site?

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #144075
Ignore graftonian
7/11/2018 7:25:21 AM

Wallman has not posted since 2007, does anyone know where he is?

BenH
32 posts
msg #144081
Ignore BenH
7/12/2018 7:49:41 PM

greenonthescreen.blogspot.com
I found this on the web. It might be the same guy.SF is posted on the site. Also old posts going back to 2010. If you search around that web site you will find SF filters he has used. if anyone finds anything newer post it here, if ya dont mind

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #144089
Ignore SAFeTRADE
7/13/2018 7:38:43 AM

Investors Underground https://www.investorsunderground.com/

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bollinger Bands<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.