StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Breakout Continuation//or FAKEOUT??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
BlackBars
54 posts
msg #139347
Ignore BlackBars
11/16/2017 10:08:56 AM

"You have to do is follow the specific stocks on a daily basis that are breaking out to new highs,watch them every day,then execute your position".
-------

OPTT was a candidate for 10/3. I watched it for a few days, used coordinated charting skills, executed my entry on the close of 10/16 and ended up making around 76% over the next 2 days. With all due respect, if I waited for it to make new highs, I would not have been so successful.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #139357
Ignore miketranz
11/16/2017 12:37:12 PM

I follow "stalk" OPTT on a daily basis.Great spiker,you just have to catch it right,get in early.I caught DRYS in late October for a big move up.It's all about timing.Best,Miketranz...

shillllihs
5,986 posts
msg #139365
Ignore shillllihs
11/16/2017 6:39:17 PM

A good start to increase your chances is to to eliminate all 5 letter symbols and anything over a $1

BlackBars
54 posts
msg #139368
Ignore BlackBars
11/17/2017 12:08:18 AM

You are very silly

jimvin
170 posts
msg #139377
Ignore jimvin
11/17/2017 10:46:04 AM

Always one to admit my ignorance (not with any pride, but with simple honesty) I'll ask: "How are you defining breakout ?"
Breakout of Bollinger Band narrowing?
Breakout of Darvas Box limits?
There are numerous break-out models that work well (with a few tweaks) on this site, for example: "jaketheguy" posted one that is up substantially at this hour, and the self-promoting Riggs (not a value judgment, simply a statement of fact) offers one ("VOLUME & PRICE REACH A NEW 6 MONTH HIGH") that is doing very well (at this hour) as well ....
Given the vagaries of this Market, and that it is down as of this writing, there's no guarantee that the gains shown will hold (hence my "at this hour" caveat), but they offer a chance to make some profit in the short-term if carefully played...

miketranz
956 posts
msg #139394
Ignore miketranz
modified
11/18/2017 6:18:46 PM

Show stocks where days(high reached a new 1 year high,7) is above .20
and close has been decreasing over the last 2 days
and EMA(8) has been above the EMA(50) for the last 50 days
and EMA(50) has been above the EMA(200) for the last 50 days rsi (4) under 12 False breakout filter/head fake

BlackBars
54 posts
msg #139400
Ignore BlackBars
11/19/2017 5:08:56 PM

Miketranz,

Found it very useful, exactly would I was looking for. Tweaked it a bit to suite my prime filter. Many thanks! Whats the RSI(4)'s purpose for exactly? Weekly RSI(2) seems a bit more useful, no?

------

jimvin,

Regarding "breakouts", I've gotten more interested in short squeezes since I have a database of short interest data I can back test with. What I find to work incredibly well is to combine one of Rigg's bollinger squeeze filters with a stock that has a huge short float % and its fundamentals being in favor of a potential short squeeze. Really wish SF would add historical short interest data though.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Breakout Continuation//or FAKEOUT??<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.