StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Buying down opens<< >>Post Follow-up
UNITED
81 posts
msg #41093
Ignore UNITED
2/8/2006 2:35:47 PM

Has anyone came up with a scan for buying down opens,strictly for a day trade?Example would be NT today on a 5min chart.Buying it on a morning reversal.Selling it 1 hour later @ $3.00.Any ideas??? Thanks,Mike...

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41097
Ignore nikoschopen
2/8/2006 4:23:15 PM

Go buy urself a lottery ticket instead. The risk/reward ratio is hellova lot better.

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #41113
Ignore jclaffee
2/9/2006 1:34:05 AM

UNITED,

SF is an end-of-day screening tool, so it would not be adaptable to your vision of entering a trade at 1000 or so and exiting at a later time that same day. IMO, this is a "market sense" trade, anyway, as opposed to a technical trade. I don't have it so I don't do it! I am impressed, though, by the frequency -- particularly with listed stocks where overnight pressures have not been accomodated in the pre-open trading -- with which the initial move reverses. I have no data to quantify this phenomenon.

Jim

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #41118
Ignore petrolpeter
2/9/2006 1:28:09 PM

Buy low and sell higher 1HR later? I like that!You do not need to start with stocks that are completely oversold like NT to get a morning low.Continuation of green bars is a great way to enter early morn.;ATML,so long as picks end up in the 'advancers' col. and out of the 'decliners' at the end of the day.If I think a chart will add a green bar today, I will set up PPOh(3,6,6) and CCIh(6,6) or any indicator that matches price as close as poss. on 1,3,or 5 min. and consider long when both of these cross green and consider closing when both cross red.Heres a screen where charts show strength but are down for a day:
Fetcher[Close is below upper bollinger band(12) and close is above median bollinger band(12) and price decreased 1 day and 8 day slope of close is above 0 and volume is above 400000 and close is between 1 and 36 and date offset 0]

and may lead to a continuation and poss. morning low.Stockfetcher is a far out resource for generating a morning trade list,the other half is 'HOW YOU TRADE' em.Heard that somewhere.

UNITED
81 posts
msg #41131
Ignore UNITED
2/9/2006 9:31:47 PM

Thanks,and that is a great momentum screen also.I have another question.FSAC showed up on this screen.On a 6 month chart,how would you catch this stock breaking out of a long consolidation??thanks again....

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #41154
Ignore petrolpeter
2/11/2006 3:10:49 PM

I have been running cross above median bollinger and touching upper bollinger screens looking for this type of break-outs.FSAC had kind of a down open and around 8:45 reversed upward at 2.50-2.52 area to 2.72-2.74 at 9:30 5 MIN. Chart fri. PPOh(3,6,6) signaled exit for 45 min. hold ,although this daily chart is spotty.AVNX could run.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Buying down opens<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.