StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CCI/STOCHATIC question for RTO and RIGGS!<< >>Post Follow-up
as214
184 posts
msg #44601
Ignore as214
6/4/2006 8:12:15 PM

Hey guys As you know Value, vector Vest. RSI2 and DMA(28,-14) ARE MY BREAD AND BUTtER$$$ BUT i ALWAYS LIKE LEARNING NEW THINGS. In one of the only blogs that I like the guy shows a strategy incorporating CCI and stochatics. Since I dont use those indicators , but really respect the author could you take a look at it real quick and give me your opinion on the strategy.. Thanks guys. The strategy is right on the front page.

http://www.gotfrank.com/stockpicks/

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44602
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/4/2006 8:48:17 PM

as214....

For me personally....I use(rely on) too many other indicators for my conformation. This strategy is for "Rookies!" as....these are the kinds of combonations you and I played around with, before we ever made our first trade! Remember how easy we thought this was gonna be?....More than that....I remember coupling these types of Oscillators, and turning them into bogus filters, when I first started out here at SF. LOL....Hey....stick to DMA & RSI(2)....you KNOW that works! "Why settle for anything less?"......

- RIGGS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #44603
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/4/2006 9:51:04 PM

"...BUT i ALWAYS LIKE LEARNING NEW THINGS. ..."

When it comes to trading the focus must be on PROFIT.

Some say, protecting your pile is most important.

Either way, it's about managing the money.

Don't confuse learning something new with learning how to trade.

Until you have mastered the fundamentals of trading, you have no business learning new things. Once you have mastered the fundamentals, you just may find you don't need to learn new things about trading to make money. Your time will be freed up for trips to beaches, mountains, resorts, etc...

I don't use CCI.

I only look at Stochastics when someone asks me too.

I don't even need to run filters to select stocks. I already have my "herd of (cash) cows that I trade over and over and over.

Once you learn how to trade, it doesn't matter what you trade because you'll know when to enter/exit and walk away with a profit.

I keep writing new filters/displays because I can and I like to tinker. If I see a new pattern that I think I can exploit, I'll write an indicator and run a statistical analysis. That's what's going on with the MIDDLE.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CCI/STOCHATIC question for RTO and RIGGS!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.