StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · COG DIRECTION CHANGE<< >>Post Follow-up
mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #95628
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
8/13/2010 4:34:16 PM

Can someone point me to a filter that the primary decision point is on a change in direction of COG?

COG appears to be an almost perfect pivot point tool. If I am wrong about this please educate me.

I have spent hours looking at filters containing COG, but they all seem to be a small component of filters that are looking for bottom bouncer or short filters.

Can anyone suggest the text for such a filter?

Thanks Mike

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #95633
Ignore fortyfour
8/13/2010 7:46:36 PM

Fetcher[symlist(POT)

sfPOSDiv(WILLIAMS %R(2),COG(5,2) ,2,5) crossed above .5
COUNT(WILLIAMS %R(2) < -85,3) > 0

avg vol(90) > 2000000
DRAW COG(5,2)
DRAW WILLIAMS %R(2)

OFFSET 30
]

I have had cog(5,2) on my charts in the past. Seemed like a good indicator to me.
I guess you could just ask for "cog(5,2) 1 day ago is below cog(5,2)"
The filter above highligts POT a while back and looks to anticipate cog(5,2) turning
using a divergence between "it" and williams %r(2) ( which usually changes direction
before rsi(2).
What I dont get about the filter above is that it does not seem to AND the requirement williams %r(2) below -85.

This seems to cause many crossses/spikes above .5 that I dont want.....

Good topic ......I hope others take a look at cog(5,2) and comment or build a filter to your liking.

mslattery@dc.rr.com
91 posts
msg #95639
Ignore mslattery@dc.rr.com
8/14/2010 12:05:52 AM

Thanks FourtyFour:

Here is what I came up with. Two filters, one looking for reversals from tops and the second for bottom bouncers.

They are very rudimentary at this point in time but I am starting to get a couple of returns that interest me.

Any suggestions or additions to this are welcome. The backtesting on this was 46/54. Not very good.

Filter Name: COG Bottom Bounce
r[COG(9) had been decreasing for 10 days 1 days ago and COG(9) has been increasing for 2 days]
close above close 2 days ago
show stocks where the MACD Fast Line(12,26) 0 days ago crossed above the MACD Slow Line(12,26) 0 days ago

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · COG DIRECTION CHANGE<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.