StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · COngrats on USEG .......LIMESTAR<< >>Post Follow-up
as214
184 posts
msg #50194
Ignore as214
2/23/2007 3:08:21 PM

Gotta love that Vector Vest contrarian value selection. Up 8 percent today, in before the crowd.. VALUE VALUE VALUE.. You deserve it.

limestar
79 posts
msg #50199
Ignore limestar
2/23/2007 7:39:39 PM

LOL thanks. However, I didn't get a piece of USEG's move today unfortunately. I sold it recently for a very mild profit. I need to learn to hold for full value though like you did on ZEUS. Thats how you pile on the profits. I should be congratulating you on finding a system that works very well.

I did make a nice profit on other stocks using this method, however, todays move would have been much better to pack on.

I think between my ability to "market time" and using your undervalued VV sector strategy I could score with some nice swings.

My first post on this thread I also mentioned that the mining stocks are going to heat up. I made money in GSS and NXG by incorporating this method gaining > 10% in both trades.
http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1001&tid=49652

I can go back and forth between USEG and SSL. SSL looks good for next week now that USEG ran.

Question: Can you just pull the weakest sector and best EY at any point of the year, or is market timing of the overall market a factor at all?

Thanks for the strategy as214.

limestar
79 posts
msg #50200
Ignore limestar
modified
2/23/2007 7:49:07 PM

Also wanted to add that I am a big fan of VV for scanning for stocks. However, it can be a big pile of waste if you don't trade the stocks correctly. Its not what you use its how you use it. Sound familiar to anyone on this board? :)

In fact, I used VV as one of the tools to put VRGY and OFI on my 2007 stock list.
http://www.stockrake.com/potential-stock-picks-for-2007~2007~01.html
I think I just need to hold on for the longer ride.

pocrane
10 posts
msg #50202
Ignore pocrane
2/24/2007 9:08:25 AM

as214: I am liking your method of picking stocks. I have a few more questions: 1. How do you use DMA(28,-14) to pin point entries? 2. How do you determine a stock's intrinsic value? 3. And finally, is it possible to get in touch with your friend who uses the same method but with options?
Thanks

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50204
Ignore TheRumpledOne
2/24/2007 11:15:56 AM

Legs Diamond - 1977 Legs Diamond album contents: Lyrics for It's Not The Music, Stage Fright, ... It's not the music, it's how you play it. It's not the words, it's how you say ...
legsdiamond.com/discography/legs-diamond.html

"IT'S NOT WHAT YOUR TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT" - I paraphrased from the lyrics of LEGS DIAMOND's song STAGE FRIGHT.

Legs Diamond ROCKED!!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #50205
Ignore alf44
2/24/2007 11:45:10 AM

I thought "Legs Diamond" was a notorious gangster from the Roaring Twenties who died a violent death !

LOL

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · COngrats on USEG .......LIMESTAR<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.