StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can we use a variable as a parameter?<< >>Post Follow-up
bankwalker
30 posts
msg #85950
Ignore bankwalker
1/11/2010 2:23:50 PM

Hi Y'all. I noticed that most SF indicator examples take a constant as a parameter such as MA(20).

Can SF handle variables as parameters? For instance, if I use set{var1, aroon up (100)} can I now
use MA(var1) later in the same filter?

Thanks in advance.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #85951
Ignore chetron
1/11/2010 2:38:50 PM

no, the value in the parenthesis of a moving average must be an integer.

bankwalker
30 posts
msg #85958
Ignore bankwalker
1/11/2010 3:02:14 PM

Thanks for the quick reply chetron.

I am new to SF, but I have a couple of decades of trading and programming experience. Do you know where I can find a document that covers the backtesting feature in detail?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #85959
Ignore chetron
1/11/2010 3:08:47 PM

NONE THAT I KNOW OF.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Can we use a variable as a parameter?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.