StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >>Post Follow-up
luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #54445
Ignore luc1grunt
8/29/2007 4:16:12 PM

Funny how the past couple months things have done a 180 in my noodle.

Long term investments are giving me pause while intraday trades and swings seem like a walk in the park (follow the trend and pick up cash).

I agree Niko, something feels funny (and not like climbing the rope in gym class).

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #54448
Ignore maxreturn
8/29/2007 4:41:09 PM

Niko...statistically there is a strong tendency for the stock market to rally near month end. Theory is that the fund managers are trying to bolster the market to make their month end numbers look better. In addition there is a strong tendency for the stock market to rally into a holiday.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54449
Ignore nikoschopen
8/29/2007 5:03:28 PM

True, but it sure hell felt like the sky was falling yesterday (to my delight) only to see the radiant sun shining brighter than ever. I'm hardly considered a logical type, but lately I can't stand anything that defies logical explanation.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54452
Ignore nikoschopen
8/30/2007 2:35:09 AM

Somewhat off-topic but relevant to the recent erratic movements in the market. I think the market clearly lost its head.

Man loses top of his head in brain operation

Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08AM EDT

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German court has awarded 3,000 euros ($4,100) in damages to a man who had to have the top of his skull replaced with plastic because of a faulty hospital fridge. Doctors removed the top of the man's head and put it in cold storage while they operated on his brain, the court in the western city of Koblenz said Tuesday. Because the refrigerator was defective, the section of skull was not kept cool enough and could not be reattached. Doctors replaced the bone with a plastic prosthesis.

The man sought compensation of at least 20,000 euros on the grounds that the prosthesis caused him headaches, affected his balance and made him unduly sensitivity to the weather. Following consultations with experts, the court found that the operation had caused the man's discomfort, not the loss of the top of his skull. Compensation of 3,000 euros was "appropriate and sufficient," it said. "The experts consulted by the court concluded the new skull roof was better than the original," a court spokesman said.

zhanglini
9 posts
msg #54455
Ignore zhanglini
8/30/2007 11:42:14 AM

The man is living in the "wrong" country. If he lived in the States, he would have been awarded US$1,000,000,000,000,000. Actually I lost count of all these 0s.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54461
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
8/30/2007 5:47:44 PM

Come tomorrow, will Bernanke wag the dog or will the dog bite his ass? I'll keep you abreast of any unseemly developments.

Bernanke to the rescue...Oh, really?!

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #54462
Ignore msummer2007
8/30/2007 6:09:31 PM

LOL

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #54464
Ignore nikoschopen
8/30/2007 9:37:38 PM

In all fairness, I think Bernanke is a far superior Fed posse than his predecessor, who readily caved into market demands like a helpless parent giving into a spoiled, yet semi-retarded, kid. For instance, Greenspan dropped the Fed funds rate 3 consecutive times after the Long-Term Capital nuisance, which only kicked the market into full gear that eventually led to what he himself called "irrational exuberance". Then he began to raise the Fed funds rate incessantly until the market is practically mired in a pool of $hit. But then he can't exactly ignore his buddies on the Wall street, so he comes out with the "surprise! surprise!" rate cut in early 2001 followed by many more such frantic cuts. Those cuts, in turn, led to the current housing bubble and the rest is of course history. Moreover, it shouldn't come as any surprise that 2000-02 bear market was no "soft landing" as some would have you believe and I personally think Greenspan is given more credit than he actually deserves.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Challenge<< 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.