StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Close previous day to close today difference??<< >>Post Follow-up
tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127731
Ignore tgoo426193
3/28/2016 6:05:44 PM

I see there are phrases existing to see the price change, be it + or -, given in a percentage. I think that is "day change"

I also see a phrase for the actual dollars & cents range thruout a single day which is "day point range"

Is there a phrase or formula to simply get the actual amount a price changed, either + or -, from close one day until close the next?

four
5,087 posts
msg #127733
Ignore four
3/28/2016 6:46:49 PM

formula to simply get the actual amount a price changed, either + or -, from close one day until close the next?

------------
close 0 days ago is the same as writing close

Fetcher[
set{diff, close 0 days ago - close 1 day ago}
add column diff
draw diff
]

tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127734
Ignore tgoo426193
modified
3/28/2016 8:44:18 PM

Yes, Thank You four

I tried everything I could think of. Even typed "difference between close and close 1 day ago" etc, etc

I couldn't even get a hint to appear on the new filter page when typing those words. That one stumped me.
I did try typing the word "diff" as you showed it in the phrase, after I saw your reply, but that did not even produce a hint. I don't see "diff" anywhere. Makes a nice column heading though...

I did think I tried "close - close 1 day ago", without putting the "0 days ago" part in, but apparently I didn't as I just did now and it worked fine. Not sure what I missed???

OK, now that I have the single phrase, I have some averaging, etc. to do with the days back figures. That I think I can handle.
Thx Again as usual!

wcurtis
54 posts
msg #127735
Ignore wcurtis
3/28/2016 9:44:10 PM

add column dollarchange {dollar change}

Note: keep dollarchange as one word.

wcurtis
54 posts
msg #127736
Ignore wcurtis
3/28/2016 9:50:09 PM

Sorry about only giving ya a half a loaf !

set{dollarchange, close - close 1 day ago}
add column dollarchange {dollar change}

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Close previous day to close today difference??<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.