StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CyberTrader Pros/Cons - nikoschopen???<< >>Post Follow-up
abbabb1tt
18 posts
msg #41629
Ignore abbabb1tt
2/28/2006 10:53:15 AM

Anyone out there who can tell me the pros/cons of this platform? Thanks in advance....

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #41641
Ignore nikoschopen
2/28/2006 4:44:57 PM

A brief synopsis of pros and cons between Interactive Brokers, TradeStation, and CyberTrader is written in the "Opinions on Direct Access platforms?" thread.

In my not-so-humble opinion, direct-access is largely a misnomer used beyond its shelf life these days. Back in the heyday when the Nasdaq was on steroid, fast executions were essential to scalp a teenie from here and there. But now with the decimalization in place, scalping simply is not possible. Of the three that I've already mentioned, you should go with Interactive Brokers if you're just an average Joe who likes to kick back and chill while indulging ureself with only a few transactions per week. If ure the type who can't keep ure ass in one place 'cause ure suffering from trading jitters, then you might opt for either TradingStation or CyberTrader. At least they provide much colorful displays that will keep ure raging hormones in check. If you trade futures, keep in mind that you must subscribe to the various futures exchange in order to receive live data feeds. This can really add up. Thus I tend to favor IB for the fact that they provide free futures quotes and I can trade to my heart's content.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · CyberTrader Pros/Cons - nikoschopen???<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.