StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Default stockfetcher operations<< >>Post Follow-up
rmlinden
7 posts
msg #88241
Ignore rmlinden
2/13/2010 6:20:01 AM

Perhaps its just me, but i just cant seem to find an explanation for the default operations.
how to assign values, how to compare etc.
There are listings of all these filters and indicators, but simple operations such as
x = RSI(15) cant be found. I want to use that value of x at some later point.

I also cant find simple ways of accessing historical data. For instance the close of 10 days ago.

And how do I create lists? For instance when I want to make a collection of all pivots in the last 3 months.

where can i find these things? Every now and then I find all these new things in someones post that I just can find in the manuals.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #88244
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/13/2010 8:40:45 AM

Perhaps its just me, but i just cant seem to find an explanation for the default operations.
how to assign values, how to compare etc.
There are listings of all these filters and indicators, but simple operations such as
x = RSI(15) cant be found. I want to use that value of x at some later point.

I also cant find simple ways of accessing historical data. For instance the close of 10 days ago.

And how do I create lists? For instance when I want to make a collection of all pivots in the last 3 months.

where can i find these things? Every now and then I find all these new things in someones post that I just can find in the manuals.
++++++++++++++++++++++

It can be a little challenging to get the hang of the SF programming language at first.

1. You don't need to set x = RSI(15) - in most cases you can just say "RSI(15)" in your filter. But if you need to, just write

set{X, RSI(15)}

now whenever you reference X in your filter, it will mean RSI(15).

2. Try "close 10 days ago".

3. Lists (I assume you mean watchlists) are not generated automatically, but you can add the results of a filter to an existing watchlist bu simply hitting the "add to watchlist" button at the bottom left corner of the screen. Note that this only creates a list with the stocks, not also the values of the specialized indicators you might have been using.

Bottom line is that you have to play with the filters yourself and read the forums.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #88245
Ignore chetron
2/13/2010 8:47:59 AM

user manuel:

page 138 for the 1st
page 128 for the 2nd

etc.......

hth

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Default stockfetcher operations<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.