StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Do you know what I know?<< >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57637
Ignore nikoschopen
12/5/2007 5:32:52 PM

Alright, this ain't no holy grail but a good daytrading system nonetheless for those who lack one to begin with. It's a simple system and yet a very effective one that will deliver concrete results should you be disciplined enough to follow it rigorously.

I do not advise that you plunge right in risking ure hard earned cash. Follow it for a couple days to judge for ureself.

5-minute Chart of SPY

cdance
17 posts
msg #57638
Ignore cdance
12/5/2007 5:47:31 PM

Do you trade when DEMA crosses the midpoint?

Or only when it moves completely outside the channel?

Thanks
C

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57640
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
12/5/2007 6:14:13 PM

Not very obvious, is it? What I mean by Keltner is the center Keltner line. Hence, you should enter long once the DEMA crosses above the center Keltner, and vice versa.

Hope that helps

:^)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57641
Ignore nikoschopen
12/5/2007 6:29:20 PM

BTW, SMA(50) was included to help you detect trend reversal. The best time to enter a trade with this system is when the trend is about to reverse. Therefore, you'll want to see a flat or a flattening SMA(50). In addition, the Bollinger Band should help you determine if the stock has any momentum. Last thing you want to do with this filter is to enter a trade when the market is rangebound. That will effectively kill you outright. Check to make sure that the Bollinger Band is not overly narrow (eg "Bollinger squeeze")

cdance
17 posts
msg #57660
Ignore cdance
12/5/2007 11:19:57 PM

Thanks Niko

Have you created this filter on SF?

I don't see how to code for a DEMA on stockfetcher....

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57672
Ignore nikoschopen
12/6/2007 2:25:27 AM

Alright, here's the filter. Note that this filter will screen stocks for both long and short entries. In the column labeled "xover", a value of 1 indicates a bullish crossover (ie. DEMA crossed ABOVE center Keltner) and a value of -1 indicates a bearish crossover (ie. DEMA crossed BELOW center Keltner). Other than that, you are free to change price and volume to ure liking.

Fetcher[
set{var1, 2 * EMA(9)}
set{var2, cema(ema(9),9)}
set{DEMA, var1 - var2}

set{up, count(DEMA crossed ABOVE middle Keltner band(7),1) * 1}
set{down, count(DEMA crossed BELOW middle Keltner band(7),1) * -1}
set{both, up + down}
set{Xover, 1 - count(both equals 0,1)}
Xover above 0
add column both{Xover}

price above 20
avgvol(17) above 300000

draw Keltner band(7)
draw Bollinger(17)
draw DEMA on plot price
draw MA(50)
do not draw Xover
chart-time 6 months
]

ham1198
174 posts
msg #57678
Ignore ham1198
12/6/2007 8:24:07 AM

why do i get message:

Your StockFetcher filter exceeds filter performance restrictions.
To run this filter, please upgrade to the StockFetcher Advanced subscription level.

it doesn't appear your filter has a zillion lines. any help is appreciated

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57695
Ignore nikoschopen
12/6/2007 11:05:12 AM

I ain't too sure about this, but I think there is a limit of 5 set statements allowed for the basic subscription.

You could still run it as two different filters. One as long and the other as short. Let me know how these work out for you.

LONG DEMA
Fetcher[
draw Keltner band(7)
draw Bollinger(17)
draw DEMA on plot price
draw MA(50)

set{var1, 2 * EMA(9)}
set{DEMA, var1 - var2}
DEMA crossed ABOVE middle Keltner band(7)

price above 20
avgvol(17) above 300000

chart-time 6 months
]

SHORT DEMA
Fetcher[
draw Keltner band(7)
draw Bollinger(17)
draw DEMA on plot price
draw MA(50)

set{var1, 2 * EMA(9)}
set{DEMA, var1 - var2}
DEMA crossed BELOW middle Keltner band(7)

price above 20
avgvol(17) above 300000

chart-time 6 months
]

marine2
963 posts
msg #57729
Ignore marine2
12/7/2007 12:08:49 AM

Nice filter. Add these two lines of code to it and you provide added incentives in seeing these selected stocks move upwards. There were many hits off the previous programming, these added lines just narrows it down, to obtain more success in the filter.

and slow stochastic %d is below 50
and macd(4,8)fast line is crossing above macd(4,8)slow line at close

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Do you know what I know?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.