StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Does anyone can figure out monthly pivot?<< >>Post Follow-up
trader48
1 posts
msg #121954
Ignore trader48
11/7/2014 1:00:13 PM

Hi

I wrote this code to draw monthly pivot in a chart:

set{mh,date(monthend,high 21 day high)}
set{ml,date(monthend,low 21 day low)}
set{cl,date(monthend,close)}
set{summ,mh+ml+cl}
set{pivt, summ /3}

Show stocks where the close is between 10 and 5000
and average volume(10) is above 500000
and draw pivt

It always gives me error without any result.
I debugged it and I found that stockfetcher does not find any error in the first 3 lines.
But it gives me error on 4th line,where I try to add 3 variables.
It is confusing ,because I don`t see mistake on 4th line.
Then just for the pupose of testing,I just removed last variable in 4th line and changed the code to
set{summ,mh+ml}
Now it DOES give me results!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anyone has any idea?
What would be a proper code for finding monthly pivots?
Greatly appreciated

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #121955
Ignore mahkoh
modified
11/7/2014 2:15:23 PM

set{summ,mh+ml+cl}

change this to

set{summ1,mh + ml}
set{summ,summ1 + cl}

use

draw price line at pivt

to draw the pivot line in the chart

by the way, October had 23 trading days, not 21

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Does anyone can figure out monthly pivot?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.