StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Don Fishback ODDs Online<< >>Post Follow-up
Rick67
64 posts
msg #101801
Ignore Rick67
7/25/2011 7:14:37 PM

Has anyone had any experience with Don Fishback's ODDS Online?
If so, I would like to pick your brain.

Rick

jimvin
170 posts
msg #101807
Ignore jimvin
7/25/2011 11:07:25 PM

Mr. Fishback's website loves him; others are a little more critical.
For example: http://www.programcritique.com/subcategories/InvestmentOpp/DonFishback.html

Rick67
64 posts
msg #101826
Ignore Rick67
7/26/2011 7:27:37 PM

Thank you for the feedback.

Currently I am finding his probability of winning is about 7% higher than the probability shown on my ThinkorSwim software.

I wrote him an email yesterday asking why there was a difference. No reply yet.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #102085
Ignore TrendSurfer
8/8/2011 12:50:50 PM

Spent a week with Don Fishback and Larry Williams in Daytona, Florida in 1995. While I personally haven't followed Don's methods, he was very impressive and the real deal.

Rick67
64 posts
msg #102092
Ignore Rick67
8/8/2011 6:39:25 PM

I wish he would reply to my email! Unless he does so and explains why my TOS softare does not match his probability calculations, I don't know who to trust...

jimvin
170 posts
msg #102099
Ignore jimvin
8/8/2011 9:54:03 PM

When in doubt, go slow and be careful. Simply given the large number of filters generously donated by Stock Fetcher community members there should be some that fit your trading style. (Not knowing what your style is, I can't recommend any specific choices. I've also noticed that some filters work well in some markets, but that the market shifts what it's looking for, so no one filter will always work well, and some may - after working well for months - suddenly begin failing on a regular basis).

I would suggest (and this is only a suggestion, take it for what it's worth) that you pick some likely candidates from this site and play them on paper for 6 weeks or more (keep in mind the debt crisis and the global economic meltdown skew things a bit, and if you follow common monthly trading cycle theory August [and most summer months] are bad...so you may want to extend that trial run for several months) and see how they do.

If you find one you like, take the exhorbitant 5K being charged by the other guy and buy some stocks; at least you'll be putting your money towards a possible immediate gain.

(For more on the monthly-trading cycle see, for example: http://www.cxoadvisory.com/trading-calendar/. This is not an endorsement of anything else on that page other than the data pattern they present on calendar stock cycles.)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Don Fishback ODDs Online<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.