StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Drawing a verticle line<< >>Post Follow-up
Norm.Sash
26 posts
msg #98449
Ignore Norm.Sash
1/5/2011 10:50:04 PM

Is there a way to draw a verticle line on a plot? Something like

Draw Verticle Line at 20 days

or

Draw Verticle Line at userVariable days

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #98483
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/7/2011 2:26:56 PM

Not really. However, if you use the offset or "days ago" function, the period of time since that date is colored differently on the SF chart, effectively giving you a vertical line at the color boundary.

Norm.Sash
26 posts
msg #98500
Ignore Norm.Sash
1/8/2011 12:51:14 PM

Yes, you are right, I can use OFFSET or DAYS AGO and it will display a banded color. However, that doesn't work when there is a variable time frame.

For example, if I create a filter looking for a MACD crossover and would like a date line drawn whereever that crossover occurs. I can't use the generic OFFSET because it isn't something applied to the entire script. And I can't set it to a variable and then use it with DAYS AGO becasue the DAYS AGO function doesn't accept a variable as a parameter.

It would be great if SF would add a VERTICLE LINE capability, and also the ability to use variables for parameter input.

djones000buck
206 posts
msg #120323
Ignore djones000buck
modified
5/31/2014 11:47:23 PM

POP... Okay now we can add notes and screw with everyone else's opinion on a stock.... Lol.. And you draw the line we want to draw and even put a label on it...

What's the odds of giving us the ability to draw our own vertical line based on a trigger event or alert.. meaning using the count functionality on a display beneath the chart and being able to draw the vertical line on the price plot....

notes via logic..such as:
Set{addnote, condition1, color "green", note "buy"}
Set{addnote, condition2, color "red", note "sell"}

I'd also like to have the ability to shade an area between two horizonta/vertical lines...
To the effect of:
Set{shadehorizontal, (upperlimit,lower limit,color)}
Set{shadevertical, (upper limit,lower limit, color)}

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Drawing a verticle line<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.