StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · EMA difference filter<< >>Post Follow-up
fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #126240
Ignore fotchstecker
11/18/2015 3:32:00 PM

After a few runs at it, I'm looking for some ideas on how to write the following. It's an "EMA Difference" filter.

1. The filter looks for the relationship between (close - slowEMA) and (fastEMA - slowEMA).
2. The current bar's value for both of (close - slowEMA) and (fastEMA - slowEMA) has just become higher; one day ago it was lower for each. E.g., both have "turned green".
3. Both of (close - slowEMA) and (fastEMA - slowEMA) should be above a zero line. Alternately, the filter could have a column for sorting.

I'm patterning off an indicator that uses line drawings:
"The faster moving line is the difference between the close and the Slow EMA , while the slower moving line shows the difference between the Fast EMA and the Slow EMA ."

The values for slow and fast don't matter (yet), so long as they just represent slower and faster periods.
10 and 24 are fine.

"Turning green" would be a buy signal, etc.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #126241
Ignore Mactheriverrat
11/18/2015 5:03:10 PM

Show stocks where EMA(5) is above EMA(13)
HxH is number of consecutive days ema(5) above (+)/below(-) previous EMA(5) and set{hhb,days( ema(5) is above EMA(5)1 day ago,100)}
set{HHa,days( ema(5) is below EMA(5) 1 day ago,100)} set{HxH, HHa - HHb} and add column HxH {H_x_H}

do not draw HxH

---------------
Sort column where it show the EMA(5) the first day up.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #126242
Ignore fotchstecker
modified
11/18/2015 10:43:15 PM

Mac, this is impressive. Thank you for helping. Also, I had never seen above/below used before.

fotchstecker
304 posts
msg #126243
Ignore fotchstecker
11/18/2015 10:59:40 PM

Mac, here are some of the other criteria I'm playing with. I like how things are looking. Thanks again.

Show stocks where EMA(5) is above EMA(13)

HxH is number of consecutive days ema(5) above (+)/below(-) previous EMA(5) and

set{hhb,days( ema(5) is above EMA(5)1 day ago,100)}
set{HHa,days( ema(5) is below EMA(5) 1 day ago,100)}
set{HxH, HHa - HHb} and add column HxH {H_x_H}

HxH < 2
HxH > 0

volume more than 20% above average volume(20)

close is above 1
ADX(5) is above 30
Average Volume(30) is above 1000000
draw Bollinger Bands(20,2.0)

chart-time is 3 months

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #126244
Ignore Mactheriverrat
11/19/2015 5:30:29 AM

Interesting!
Your Welcome.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · EMA difference filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.