StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Few questions.....<< >>Post Follow-up
doroneliasian
26 posts
msg #77883
Ignore doroneliasian
8/24/2009 4:52:10 AM

Does anybody know about software who can maximaize filters autimaticaly?

Is there any option for getting faster the time of backtesting? it takes me long time...

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #77884
Ignore chetron
8/24/2009 6:48:02 AM

FYI, MY BACKTEST TIME FOR 2 YEARS IS AT MOST 90 SECONDS.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #77903
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/24/2009 4:09:49 PM

I assume when you say "maximize filters" you are indicating that you want it to find the best set of variables?

This cannot be done in SF. However, check out Investor/RT from www.linnsoft.com. I have been playing with it for the last few weeks - very neat. It can optimize trading systems (example - what is the best MACD settings for max profit for a given set of stocks over the last two years?). I have been using it to find the best settings for the ETFs I trade - have already optimized for PSAR, MACD, Ultimate Oscillator, and Bollinger Band based trading systems. It will also optimze factoring in trading costs, which SF does not currently do.

Lots of other stuff it can do, I just haven't had the time to fully explore.

I strongly encourage folks to check it out (not shilling for them, just impressed with the software).

Kevin

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Few questions.....<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.