StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Disambiguation<< >>Post Follow-up
Fat Dragon
8 posts
msg #106315
Ignore Fat Dragon
5/18/2012 11:47:14 AM

Hi:
I am trying to build a filter to display the latest 10 days of a custom variable. There are 2 variables one is 4% above close 1 day ago . The other is 4% below close 1 day ago. I have written a simple line to get started which is:

average volume is below 5000000
Set{ABV1, (close is 4% above close 1 day ago)}
Set{BLW1, ( close is 4% below close 1 day ago)}
and add column ABV1
and add column BLW1

I added the volume line just to get some results in the screen which I figure the program wants to do. I will add numbers to each line of code until I get to 10. I think this will give me 10 sets of daily numbers. I am getting no results in the display pane and when I check syntax I get errors on all lines including the volume line. What am I doing incorrectly? Any suggestions?

Fat Dragon

four
5,087 posts
msg #106331
Ignore four
modified
5/18/2012 12:26:51 PM

does this help...

PS Remember to click on a column heading to manually change the sort order (Ascend or Descend).

Note to mahkoh (Thank you for the catch).

Fetcher[
avgvol(30) is below 5000000
Set{ABV1, count(close is 4% above close 1 day ago,10)}
Set{BLW1, count(close is 4% below close 1 day ago,10)}
and add column ABV1
and add column BLW1
draw abv1
draw blw1
]

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #106339
Ignore mahkoh
5/18/2012 5:01:14 PM

You will also want to state the number of days to sample for average volume, like " average volume(30) below 50000000 "
Your current syntax will disregard "average" and just look for today's volume below 50000000

Fat Dragon
8 posts
msg #106341
Ignore Fat Dragon
5/18/2012 10:00:51 PM

Four:
I guess I did not explain myself quite clearly. I am using this to try to get a sense of market breath. I would like ABV1-ABV10 and BLW1-BLW10 to show up as columns showing a total of all the stocks that had a 4% bump (or drop) on a given day. That way I could easily check up Vs dn stocks and see a trend. I know the daily numbers of up vs down stocks does basically the same thing but I was thinking this would be a bit clearer showing only the stocks that really mean it.
Also, Mahkoh, thanks for catching that.

Fat Dragon

four
5,087 posts
msg #106343
Ignore four
5/19/2012 12:04:28 AM

total of all the stocks that had a 4% bump (or drop) on a given day
---

Not possible in StockFetcher (automatically)... ?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Disambiguation<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.