StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Help<< >>Post Follow-up
straken
469 posts
msg #83296
Ignore straken
11/20/2009 5:08:01 PM

Does anyone know how to plot say SPY over charts of filtered stocks, so that filtered stocks can be compared to to SPY or DOW? (i.e.) candlestick chart of a filtered hit with line or mountain style of the SPY overlayed for comparison such as google finance.
I dont know if SF code can do this or not.

Thx

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #83300
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/20/2009 5:52:41 PM

just add this line into your filter

"and compare to ^SPX"

this will draw a second indicator box below the price which compares the stock to ^SPX (or any other index or stock) as two line graphs.

As to drawing it directly onto the price plot, it might not work so well if the two stocks are at very disparate prices (SPY at 108 and your stock of interest at 1.50 - you see the problem).

hgmjr
4 posts
msg #83302
Ignore hgmjr
11/20/2009 6:03:15 PM

Fetcher family,what would be the best indicator (s) to predict short to medium term movement of a stocks price,also what would be the best website (s) to type in a stocks symbol and get reliable and consistant information about short to medium term price movement, thanks in advance.

straken
469 posts
msg #83498
Ignore straken
11/25/2009 4:02:53 PM

Kevin or Chet
How would you code for

P/E current vs P/E 3months ago

same for EPS

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #83503
Ignore chetron
11/25/2009 6:41:26 PM

@ straken, you can't. they are "current" and fixed.

straken
469 posts
msg #83510
Ignore straken
11/25/2009 10:09:49 PM

Thats what I thought but I wanted to hear it from the experienced. I have been trying to duplicate some of my hardcopy research protocol into SF filters but finding various limitations that would preclude me from doing so. Thanks for the help, hope your holidays bode well.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #83511
Ignore chetron
11/25/2009 10:19:48 PM

thanx, and yous and yours

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.