StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Test<< >>Post Follow-up
Desrow
1 posts
msg #100698
Ignore Desrow
5/12/2011 12:55:18 PM

Hi,

New to this forum, have devised a filter that turned up GLBL for a long pop. Anyone have an opinion on this stock based on your own filters?

Thanks for any response

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #100700
Ignore johnpaulca
5/12/2011 3:57:46 PM

Welcome to SF. I have a similar filter that brings back these nasty looking stocks like GLBL, SFD, GFA. these two stocks I successfully traded this week...see intraday alerts thread. I still need to work out a better entry, was a day early on SFD. These stocks should not be help for more than 1-2 days..."one day wonder". Check for increasing buying on a shorter time frame (30-min) before committing to the trade....hth

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #100701
Ignore johnpaulca
5/12/2011 4:02:59 PM

MTW($19.02)...this is a stock I am currently stalking, check the 30-min chart you'll see an increase in buying.

jimvin
170 posts
msg #100702
Ignore jimvin
modified
5/12/2011 8:35:57 PM

In terms of filter-based opinion, GLBL is not showing up on any of the turn-around filters I play which have a pretty good track record.

My investing opinion (for what it's worth): Attractive if you play turn-arounds; MACD is a disaster; candlestick pattern is almost a 45-degree drop since the beginning of May, and the RSI is below 20. May be a good play for day-traders if you play swings (someone will see it a bargain based on RSI and jump on it). ...However the stock price is now just above 6 and the 52-week low is just above 4, so it could go much lower....

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #100714
Ignore johnpaulca
5/13/2011 10:45:38 AM

GGC....another one day wonder with volume increasing as seen on 30-min chart....up 5% today

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Filter Test<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.